the Blackberry commercial is ranked #1 on NFL's site but no one mentions it outside of that.
    02-04-13 11:48 AM
    Had a super bowl party with some family and friends. After the Blackberry ad played, the teenagers in the room said "Cool".
    02-04-13 12:15 PM
    BlackBerry had two ads in the Superbowl actually. Remember that BlackBerry's global creative director Alicia Keys, sang the anthem.
    Last edited by blackburberry; 02-05-13 at 12:20 AM.
    BlackStormRising likes this.
    02-04-13 12:33 PM
    No one in the group I was with said anything....

Here is what CNN had to say

BlackBerry

Fresh off unveiling its BlackBerry 10 operating system and two new phones, the company tried to keep its badly needed momentum going with a 30-second spot in which a guy uses the new BlackBerry Z10 to set himself on fire, grow elephant legs and magically turn an out-of-control big rig into an exploding pile of rubber duckies.

Uh ... yeah.

The point? In 30 seconds, it's easier to show you what the phone can't do than all the things it can.

We get it. And the important thing is to get people talking. But when Gizmodo asks if it's "the dumbest tech ad you've ever seen," maybe it wasn't exactly the 108-yard touchdown run of advertising.
    02-04-13 12:36 PM
    I'm in the minority, but the weirdness and quirkiness of the ad was good. I would like to see more creative ads from BB; tone down the surrealism and slowly start showing the features of the phone in subsequent ads closer to the U.S. release date.

I would rather see something unique and different from BB than an ad that insults it's audience's intelligence like the competition.
    02-04-13 12:48 PM
    Frank B is French. There's a french word that comes to mind "Homage"
    Homage is a show or demonstration of respect or dedication to someone or something, sometimes by simple declaration but often by some more oblique reference, artistic or poetic.

How many folks in here have a comic book hero avatar? (besides moi)
    We got pranked in a gentle manner.

Oh, and BlackBerry has its first superphone.
    02-04-13 12:52 PM
    If I see one more person question whether or not there is more to come, or that they should show off feautres, I am giving up hope for Crackberry users haha.
    My problem with that is that they'll never reach the audience they had with the superbowl. Can't help but feel it was a wasted opportunity.
    02-04-13 01:06 PM
    My problem with that is that they'll never reach the audience they had with the superbowl. Can't help but feel it was a wasted opportunity.
    The SuperBowl ads aren't about selling features. Look at the best ones. They don't show specifics about a product, they simply generate buzz. Using the ad to talk about phone features would have been a complete waste IMO.
    kbz1960, BThunderW and Cracklen like this.
    02-04-13 01:09 PM
    The SuperBowl ads aren't about selling features. Look at the best ones. They don't show specifics about a product, they simply generate buzz. Using the ad to talk about phone features would have been a complete waste IMO.
    I completely agree.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    Cracklen likes this.
    02-04-13 02:41 PM
    No one in the group I was with said anything....

Here is what CNN had to say

BlackBerry

Fresh off unveiling its BlackBerry 10 operating system and two new phones, the company tried to keep its badly needed momentum going with a 30-second spot in which a guy uses the new BlackBerry Z10 to set himself on fire, grow elephant legs and magically turn an out-of-control big rig into an exploding pile of rubber duckies.

Uh ... yeah.

The point? In 30 seconds, it's easier to show you what the phone can't do than all the things it can.

We get it. And the important thing is to get people talking. But when Gizmodo asks if it's "the dumbest tech ad you've ever seen," maybe it wasn't exactly the 108-yard touchdown run of advertising.
    CNN quoted Gizmodo...er...yeah, enough said.

Why don't they quote the 6000+ people who voted BB ad to #1 on NFL.com.
    02-04-13 05:19 PM
    There's a scene where the guy holding his BlackBerry is climbing out of a Storm sewer....who among us expected to see that in the Super bowl commercial? That's some serious irony right there folks.

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/i...JkKES9iWL57lmI
    Attached Thumbnails Super Bowl Ad - Take note of what others think.-storm-sewer.jpg  
    02-04-13 10:33 PM
    CNN quoted Gizmodo...er...yeah, enough said.

Why don't they quote the 6000+ people who voted BB ad to #1 on NFL.com.
    Don't you mean the 500 people who voted 12 times each?
    02-04-13 10:56 PM
    Now that I think about, the first 27-29 seconds of the ad wasn't meant to hint at anything BlackBerry related. If you watch closely, you can see that the "BlackBerry" writing under the bottom bezel was barely put into focus and was never really clear - only tech junkies would have realized from the get go this is a BB ad because we've been seeing the phone for months.

This was for the average user and the purpose was to draw them into the commercial, (because let's be real here it was a catchy ad - music, modern, colorful, fresh). So, that average user followed it through till the end where BlackBerry "introduced" themselves along the lines of "hi, we're here we haven't left and this is our new phone - check it out on our website"

It was perfect (for non tech junkies), and this is who BlackBerry should be targeting.
    02-04-13 11:34 PM
    There's a scene where the guy holding his BlackBerry is climbing out of a Storm sewer....who among us expected to see that in the Super bowl commercial? That's some serious irony right there folks.

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/i...JkKES9iWL57lmI
    By the expression on his face, right there, I would say it's more likely a Sanitary Sewer

I do like the irony in your post better.
    02-05-13 07:59 AM
    Don't you mean the 500 people who voted 12 times each?
    But that's how we roll in the states now.
    02-05-13 10:22 AM
    The all wise Engadget posted this editorial...
    Editorial: BlackBerry slumps into history of Super Bowl tech ads
    02-05-13 03:23 PM
    Congrats on winning!

Posted via CB10
    07-02-13 10:23 PM
267 ... 91011