Sanity.
    Here is what I deal with every time I call rogers.
    No offense to any Indians or Pakistanis.

Hi, we at Rogers take pride in providing you efficient and effective customer service, that is why our help line is run out of India. In addition we have very low call queues thanks to our other help line in Pakistan. Customers can expect several transfers between agents, as we test for dedication and authenticity of problem. At Rogers we enjoy team work. We are fully capable of resolving any issue, our agents are misinformed about our own catalogs for your benefit, the advertisements on rogers.com? well... thats just for show, our agents in india know what you really want. Customers that are dedicated enough and get a hold of an agent can expect further delays as we try to translate the previously placed indian/pakistani notes on the account. Rest assured, if your issue cannot be resolved there is always the possibility of escalation to a manager/supervisor. For your benefit, we have selected the cream of the crop from india and pakistan and brought them to toronto to manage our diverse clients. Naturally, our managers are extremely busy so its not uncommon to experience several lost calls during transfers. In some occasions there have been strange reports of regular employees impersonating management. Our fail proof guarantees that you are satisfied, so you may request a call back from one of our two managers who will return your call in a very efficient manner. Most call back requests are fictitious promised and or take two to three days tops. Impatient and angry customers who do not receive call backs are invited to try again. Every subsequent call and request has an exponential chance of dropping. Finally, when we resolve your issue we resolve it well. Which is why some customers are so satisfied they call back for further customer service. At rogers, we believe in doings things right. At the end of the month there is a possibility of small - moderate billing discrepancy, customers who are lucky enough to read the bills are invited to call our billing department. Our billing department is located out of Quebec, customers who are able to decipher fast speaking french/english accent are likely to have their billing discrepancy resolved . Worry not, when you call back the indian/pakistani notes describing your situation will be gone and we will have no idea what you are talking about. At Rogers we make promises, boy do we make promises.

Rage!!1

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    07-15-12 10:03 AM
    Sanity.
    Here is what I deal with every time I call rogers.
    No offense to any Indians or Pakistanis.

Hi, we at Rogers take pride in providing you efficient and effective customer service, that is why our help line is run out of India. In addition we have very low call queues thanks to our other help line in Pakistan. Customers can expect several transfers between agents, as we test for dedication and authenticity of problem. At Rogers we enjoy team work. We are fully capable of resolving any issue, our agents are misinformed about our own catalogs for your benefit, the advertisements on rogers.com? well... thats just for show, our agents in india know what you really want. Customers that are dedicated enough and get a hold of an agent can expect further delays as we try to translate the previously placed indian/pakistani notes on the account. Rest assured, if your issue cannot be resolved there is always the possibility of escalation to a manager/supervisor. For your benefit, we have selected the cream of the crop from india and pakistan and brought them to toronto to manage our diverse clients. Naturally, our managers are extremely busy so its not uncommon to experience several lost calls during transfers. In some occasions there have been strange reports of regular employees impersonating management. Our fail proof guarantees that you are satisfied, so you may request a call back from one of our two managers who will return your call in a very efficient manner. Most call back requests are fictitious promised and or take two to three days tops. Impatient and angry customers who do not receive call backs are invited to try again. Every subsequent call and request has an exponential chance of dropping. Finally, when we resolve your issue we resolve it well. Which is why some customers are so satisfied they call back for further customer service. At rogers, we believe in doings things right. At the end of the month there is a possibility of small - moderate billing discrepancy, customers who are lucky enough to read the bills are invited to call our billing department. Our billing department is located out of Quebec, customers who are able to decipher fast speaking french/english accent are likely to have their billing discrepancy resolved . Worry not, when you call back the indian/pakistani notes describing your situation will be gone and we will have no idea what you are talking about. At Rogers we make promises, boy do we make promises.

Rage!!1

Outsourcing,

It's happened to all the major Canadian telecommunications providers I believe. Bell apparently did it but I'm not noticing it yet. I know they did for their sub brand Solo Mobile.
    07-15-12 10:15 AM
    Outsourcing is not about the quality of customer care as management double-speak claims. It's about cutting costs to increase profits in the short term for executives to hit their targets and be rewarded handsomely with rich bonuses.

The above Capitalism 101: Trickle-down economics of 1990 to 2008, today it no longer works. Just ask the unemployed in U.S., Europe & Canada.
    Deu2e and bungaboy like this.
    07-15-12 10:33 AM
    Sounds almost as bad as Verizon's customer service
    07-15-12 10:34 AM
    I find rogers much better than Bell for their customer service, I had a repair issue with my 9900 and the repair centre, and after about 2 hours of work over 6 calls the presidents office called me, and provided me with an excellent solution well worth the 2 hours it took.
    07-15-12 10:39 AM
    *cringe* Yikes...

Well...I have yet to speak to any international customer service reps, but I do live in Waterloo, ON, and there is a Rogers call centre in the adjoining city of Kitchener, so perhaps that comes into play.

I have actually had great experiences with Rogers. I've found the agents to have a sense of humour, be efficient and knowledgeable...about services, that is. Technical help...well...I'd have to agree, they don't know too much. But as far as phone plans and such, I've actually had them say, "you know, you're paying way too much for this. Why don't we put you on this plan, it's $10 less per month and you get three extra features" as well as once they forgave me a $400 bill! (data charges racked up at the download rate, when I should have been billed as per a data plan...this was back in 2004, and they could have been dicks about it and made me pay it, but they didn't!) I also had a tech advise me to buy a phone from Kijiji because a hardware upgrade was going to cost a pretty penny.

My boyfriend however, would agree with your post. I've heard him get in screaming matches with Rogers agents (I should mention I only have a cell phone plan with them. He has our phone and internet plans on his account. Internet service techs have not been his friend)
    07-15-12 11:21 AM
    *cringe* Yikes...

Well...I have yet to speak to any international customer service reps, but I do live in Waterloo, ON, and there is a Rogers call centre in the adjoining city of Kitchener, so perhaps that comes into play.

I have actually had great experiences with Rogers. I've found the agents to have a sense of humour, be efficient and knowledgeable...about services, that is. Technical help...well...I'd have to agree, they don't know too much. But as far as phone plans and such, I've actually had them say, "you know, you're paying way too much for this. Why don't we put you on this plan, it's $10 less per month and you get three extra features" as well as once they forgave me a $400 bill! (data charges racked up at the download rate, when I should have been billed as per a data plan...this was back in 2004, and they could have been dicks about it and made me pay it, but they didn't!) I also had a tech advise me to buy a phone from Kijiji because a hardware upgrade was going to cost a pretty penny.

My boyfriend however, would agree with your post. I've heard him get in screaming matches with Rogers agents (I should mention I only have a cell phone plan with them. He has our phone and internet plans on his account. Internet service techs have not been his friend)

I feel your bf's pain! on the mobile side I've been mostly pleased with my Rogers customer service, on the Internet side I could go off on a 10,000 word rant and just touch base on the last year,
    07-15-12 11:24 AM
    I feel your bf's pain! on the mobile side I've been mostly pleased with my Rogers customer service, on the Internet side I could go off on a 10,000 word rant and just touch base on the last year,
    So not just his temper then, eh? Makes you wonder how dependable their Rogers Home Security system is if it's running through their internet
    07-15-12 11:27 AM
    Edit: I see you have two of these threads now running, why? If this is a carrier discussion, which it is, why did you duplicate the thread in the General Discussion thread?

http://forums.crackberry.com/rogers-...so-bad-735336/
    Last edited by wxmancanada; 07-15-12 at 11:37 AM.
    07-15-12 11:30 AM
    So not just his temper then, eh? Makes you wonder how dependable their Rogers Home Security system is if it's running through their internet

I would assume Rogers Home Security would couple with both Cellular and Internet, my ADT system wanted to couple with my Home Phone and have a cellular component, but since I don't have any homephone lines in the house having gutted them out in 2007 the only way was via a GSM transmitter. I can't see Rogers doing it differently.
    07-15-12 11:41 AM
    My company outsourced to India and brought it back inhouse within a 2 year timeframe. They realized that it was costing more when factoring in the loss of business and SLA payouts. Our customers are very demanding and expect a certain level of support. No offense against the emerging countries but we expect a level of service from culture where nobody really seems to be in a real rush.
    07-15-12 12:30 PM
    I find rogers much better than Bell for their customer service, I had a repair issue with my 9900 and the repair centre, and after about 2 hours of work over 6 calls the presidents office called me, and provided me with an excellent solution well worth the 2 hours it took.
    I find walking into the local Rogers Wireless business centre gets better service for most things.
    07-15-12 12:58 PM
    Outsourcing is not about the quality of customer care as management double-speak claims. It's about cutting costs to increase profits in the short term for executives to hit their targets and be rewarded handsomely with rich bonuses.

The above Capitalism 101: Trickle-down economics of 1990 to 2008, today it no longer works. Just ask the unemployed in U.S., Europe & Canada.
    this should wake people up to the fallacy of 1 world currency.
    07-15-12 01:01 PM
    I find walking into the local Rogers Wireless business centre gets better service for most things.
    Except for device repairs,
    The Business centre sent it out for me, and made every call to get my device back for me after a month of no information,

it was the office or the president that waved the fee the service centre charged me for doing nothing, and provided me with a NEW Bold 9900 at a rate lower than the repairs of my damaged one would have cost to fix. things the business centres don't really have power over.

I try and deal in person as much as I can when it comes to issues with my service providers, that personal touch goes a long way when ever you CAN do it.
    07-15-12 01:05 PM
    maybe they are smart but it takes you 2 hours to understand them. i have no objections to outsourcing but find people that are can actually speak the language clearly so that those that actually speak it can understand it.

this is why alot of people now they push the french speaking as they are directed to a canadian that speaks both english and french
    07-15-12 01:40 PM
    Anyone who says they had 'good' rogers experience, truly hasn't experienced a personal problem that required analytical problem solving and competence.

Mr.Conviviality likes this.
    07-15-12 04:29 PM
    Can't stand outsourcing. My company does it and I have to go to peoples homes and listen to them complain about how stupid the person on the phone was.

Stop working on quantity and start working on quality and people won't need to call as much.
    07-15-12 04:47 PM
    The point is, they don't really want to help or solve issues. The outsourcing causes a intelligence/language barrier. Problem is less likely to be solved, less money is spent on repairs/replacements and compensation. I.E Rogers are thieves.

07-15-12 05:00 PM
    Looks like this thread has outsourced its self. Rogers' does not outsource. If the OP had chosen to keep only ONE thread running, this confusion would not be an issue.

07-15-12 05:03 PM
    Looks like this thread has outsourced its self. Rogers' does not outsource. If the OP had chosen to keep only ONE thread running, this confusion would not be an issue.

Confusion? what exactly are you confused about. Thats Rogers in a nut shell, you must work there.

07-15-12 05:31 PM
    I agree 100% with everything said above, except for the fact that everyone keeps saying the call centres are outsourced, they aren't. They're sadly 100% local.

What I meant by confusion was that this outsourcing thing was already addressed in the OTHER exact same thread the OP started in the carrier sections.
    Last edited by wxmancanada; 07-15-12 at 05:37 PM.
    07-15-12 05:34 PM
    I agree 100% with everything said above, except for the fact that everyone keeps saying the call centres are outsourced, they aren't. They're sadly 100% local.

What I meant by confusion was that this outsourcing thing was already addressed in the OTHER exact same thread the OP started in the carrier sections.

Ah for sure, Rogers is terribad no matter what way you look at it.

07-15-12 06:31 PM
    Yes we (Bell) outsourced much of our call center years ago. We've apparently brought much of it back in the last few yrs. How much I don't know. A couple years ago in our department (Engineering) management had the bright idea to outsource part of our work to india as well (essentially closing jobs in our records and geo-map once c.oEleted in the field and billing was complete.
    They made such a mess of things that they changed their tune quick after they did everything wrong. Which boils down to our records being wrong about the amount and price of assets in the field.
    We did get a lot of over time trying to fix the mess though.
    07-15-12 06:44 PM
    Yea I have had similar experiences with bell representatives for home phone/internet/tv. But their customer services has become better since 2005.

07-15-12 07:44 PM
    I hope not lol

07-16-12 05:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD