looking for suggestions. I had an iPhone second generation. It died of a hardware problem 3 days after my warranty expired. Now I loved my iPhone and was very depressed that it died. However, my service with AT&T sucked and since I am no longer in a contract I am planning on switching to verizon because it has so much better service. So here is the question. Should I go with the storm, go with one that has a real keyboard or what? The main complaint I have seen on forums about the storm is the keyboard, If I was used to the virtual keyboard on the iphone would it really be any big deal? give me suggestions please. Currently I am still out of the country so will be getting new phone in about a month, in case that influences suggestions.
    04-25-09 03:21 PM
    I have messed with my co-worker's Storm and the keyboard took some getting used to but I still find it easier to use than the iPhone's keyboard. I think it comes down to personal preference, but I am simply terrible at typing on a screen that gives no feedback.
    04-25-09 06:59 PM
    Forgot to mention, some of my friends with iPhones can type just as well as I can with my generic keyboard (8320). So again, it comes down to personal preference, go play with the Storm and see how well you adapt to it.
    04-25-09 07:02 PM
    i had both blackberry is 100% better
    04-28-09 09:07 PM
    looking for suggestions. I had an iPhone second generation. It died of a hardware problem 3 days after my warranty expired. Now I loved my iPhone and was very depressed that it died. However, my service with AT&T sucked and since I am no longer in a contract I am planning on switching to verizon because it has so much better service. So here is the question. Should I go with the storm, go with one that has a real keyboard or what? The main complaint I have seen on forums about the storm is the keyboard, If I was used to the virtual keyboard on the iphone would it really be any big deal? give me suggestions please. Currently I am still out of the country so will be getting new phone in about a month, in case that influences suggestions.
    it died of what ? is it hardware or batteries in it ??
    04-28-09 09:12 PM
    this might shed some light

OopTid - Home
    04-28-09 11:22 PM
    If i were you i would go for the curve.
    04-29-09 08:14 AM
    Definitely BlackBerry over iPhone. Had friends who have the iPhone, 1st & 2nd Gen., and you can't even send a simple MMS Picture Message on an iPhone, only via e-mail. No camera options...too simple.

First BlackBerry was my Storm, and love it.
    04-29-09 09:16 PM
    one big problem for iphone and if anything wrong with iphone like frozen or whatever the problem it does have. you just simply can't have battery pull like blackberry does. that is why I picked blackberry over iphone.
    04-29-09 09:22 PM
    I'd have to say the iphone

because the iphone is made for having fun.

but if your more of the buisnessy type. id say the storm.

the iphone is made for games but not really for buisness in my opinion
    05-05-09 05:31 PM
    Here it is.......

AT&T: -****ty Service +IPhone
    IPhone
    Bold 9000

Verizon: +Great Netwok +Storm
    Omnia
    Storm

IMO,Go VZW
    05-05-09 06:29 PM
    Not easy to type using the storm.
    05-11-09 11:17 AM
    The Iphone has more typing space in the screen.
    05-11-09 11:19 AM
    I had both iphones. Can't lie I'm an apple guy. used a BB curve, fell in love. I recently had the same decision to make as you. Storm or bold. I used the storm loved it, the feed back is great. But at the end of the day a real keyboard beats anything. And like everyone says it depends on your prefence.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-11-09 11:24 AM
    I too am a real keyboard kinda guy. Touch screen keyboards are great in theory, but the security of a real keyboard keeps me going. Atleast for now, I'll see what happens when they release the next version of the Storm.
    05-11-09 11:29 AM
    I would go with a bb. Have loved it ever since i got it. I-phones are neat but for me its bb all the way.
    05-11-09 11:56 AM
    I had the Storm, Bold and 3G when they first came out. I dropped the Storm. The Bold is the best blackberry out now. The storm IMO is subpar in performance unless you upgrade to a leaked OS (which will probably get most but not all kinks out). I prefer the iPhone to the Storm. Storm is ok, just not on par with the iPhone or Bold for that matter. Yeah you can't send a MMS on iPhone right now, but at least the screen rotates when it's supposed to, no dust under the screen, don't have to worry about the screen "clicking right", buttons falling off, freezing often, time capsule etc.... This is my experience with 3 storms (2 for myself and 1 my wife had). And even if the iPhone had a battery you could take out, you wouldn't have to do a battery pull as much with the Storm. I have done 6-10 Battery pulls since December with my Bold. If you get a "bad" Storm, you could do that much in a day and definitely do that much within 2 weeks with a "good" Storm. If At&t service doesn't work for you, then the answer is easy, but I would go with a curve or wait until the 9630 comes out for VZW. IMO Forget the Storm. I don't have a specific preference whether it's RIM, Apple, VZW or AT&T. Just pick the device that works for you and tell all haters to kick rocks.
    05-11-09 01:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD