So over the past few weeks I have been thinking a lot about how to resolve the biggest issue people have with the BB Hub. The complaint is that if you want to go to the hub to see your new msg's, they first have to close whatever you had last open in the hub. Many have suggested that the solution to this would be to have a setting that can toggle the default behavior from "last opened" to "index". At first I thought this would be the best solution as well, but now I'm not so sure. While it would be an improvement over what's offered now, it's not a complete solution for power users. 80% of the time that I go to the hub, I want to see my new msg's (or I'm looking for a previous msg/email) The rest of the time I'm going back to an email I was just reading. (say I left my email to check something or switch songs ect.)

I wonder if the solution needed is the ability to do both. What about a new gesture? kinda like a click vs double-click on your computer. Originally RIM (at the time) had you going to the hub by swiping up & to the left. They changed it to the current up & to the right because that feels more natural. What if they brought that back? Up & to the right could take you to the last msg (like it does now) but up & to the left could take you to the hub index. I know that
    this would make gestures even more complicated for the iPhone Home button users, but not that much.

What do you guys & gals think of my idea?
    Now if only I could get this idea to Vivik @ BBRY

BTW does anyone have any other ideas?
    04-28-13 01:56 PM
    How about a default peek and then have an additional gesture that can be a "To Index" peek. Though the trick is in making it no more complex than it is.

Posted via BlackBerry 10
    04-28-13 05:34 PM
    Great idea! Maybe a quick up and down followed by a right to see last viewed but just up and right to see the index?

Awesome thinkin', Lincoln!

Posted via CB10
    04-28-13 06:06 PM
    Great idea! Maybe a quick up and down followed by a right to see last viewed but just up and right to see the index?

Awesome thinkin', Lincoln!

Posted via CB10
    Great idea
    That was my first thought for a 2nd gesture, but after playing with it on my own phone for a bit I found the left peek worked better for me. BBRY has many testers in Waterloo I'm sure they could try out a number of different ideas.
    04-28-13 08:21 PM