I think it'd be a very good idea for RIM to create some sort of migration tool for iPhone and Android users. We can already migrate from old BlackBerry to new BlackBerry and it works very well.

It'd be nice for Android and iPhone users to be able to migrate their contacts, media (photos, videos), text messages, saved wifi hotspots, browser favorites etc. to BlackBerry as well.
    CairnsRock and jasperlin like this.
    01-04-13 10:52 AM
    I know At&t can do this at their stores when you upgrade your phone, and same with Best Buy.
    01-04-13 11:25 AM
    I know At&t can do this at their stores when you upgrade your phone, and same with Best Buy.
    Nice. But it'd be nicer if there was a user downloadable tool. Not everyone does a device switch in-store. Specially, in countries like India, Indonesia, people buy their own device and then do whatever they need to do with it. It'd be nice if some sort of migration tool was provided.

If RIM doesn't want to support a new software/tool, maybe they could start an open-source project on github for migration tool, donate the source code and then let community maintain it. This way, they won't have to officially support this tool.
    01-04-13 01:10 PM
    Valid point!
    01-04-13 04:55 PM