I was thinking the same thing at first. However, working out a deal with Typo might be the safest route. If BB suddenly introduces their own case like keyboard for other smartphones (even their own Z models) they would probably get destroyed for "failing to innovate" or something like that.

Other manufacturers are probably sifting through BB's and Typo's IP/Patent portfolios right now trying to work around them. If BB could strike a deal for licensing at first, and them maybe get on board with hardware (which I believe needs improved upon based on current product reviews), they could close off this niche market quicker.
    This makes sense... I mean, licensing is smart. Sit back, and make cash off each piece sold. I'm sure Typo and BBRY are in talks; nothing is certain, obviously, but BBRY just won a moral victory, so Typo might be more willing to get into an agreement.
    03-29-14 02:05 PM
    I used blackberry ( see my signature ) and now apple, waiting for a z10. I think people who like blackberry won't leave because a simple keyboard for iPhone. The iPhone looks like a brick when used with the typo. I think blackberry should worry about apps. Everyone I know who doesn't use blackberry, when they listen blackberry word is " blackberry doesn't have apps " . I mean everyone.... ( I love blackberry and I know they have the main apps and the apple and android have tons of kids apps, but they really have apps I need, 1) my bank app)
    03-29-14 02:59 PM
    I'm not really in agreement with licensing TYPO to produce any keyboards for BlackBerry after reading about quality issues.
    I would rather BlackBerry either make them themselves or at least provide the strict specifications for them without variation.
    03-29-14 03:32 PM
    More importantly, these "celebs" think they can get away with anything!

I can picture it now, Seacrest saying to the judge, "Do you know who I am?"

AmaZ30ed
    03-29-14 03:48 PM
    I think the Pearl 8100 was mentioned and jobs said "you have the blackberries, the usual suspects", and was featured on the screen alongside other clunky smartphones. I remember quite clearly as I've watched that keynote like 4 times. Jobs was a brilliant presenter.
    You're correct, and I goofed. I just checked it on YouTube. He did show the Pearl alongside the Nokia (E62, not E51 as I wrote earlier), Treo and Q when he showed photos of the devices, which is what you describe. Before that, there was a graph-type visual aid, and in that graph, he had the Nokia, Treo, and Q, but no mention of the Pearl (or any other BBRY device).
    03-29-14 04:13 PM
    Both Typo and Ryan Seacrest are very arrogant. To think they can get away with this is ridiculous. I hope this junk device is removed completely and cannot be sold anywhere in the world.
    Awesome Win BlackBerry.
    Why? It is a good innovative idea. Ripping off the q keyboard was dumb. Go away and produce a new version that gives customers the choice of using a clip on physical keyboard.
    03-29-14 04:20 PM
    Why? It is a good innovative idea. Ripping off the q keyboard was dumb. Go away and produce a new version that gives customers the choice of using a clip on physical keyboard.
    That's exactly what they'll do.
    03-29-14 04:45 PM
    I don't understand the hate for typo, sure they copied BlackBerry and all but why didn't BlackBerry release their own keyboard for the IPhone?

If there's one company that should get the hate it's BlackBerry. After all these years, they never taught about bringing a add on keyboard to the market?