03-28-14 09:28 PM
    finally so glad to see they lost they deserve it after that blatant copy of the BlackBerry keyboard
    03-28-14 09:29 PM
    In your face Ryan Seacrest and Typo! Go BlackBerry!!

Posted via CB10
    BBRYed and tryfe like this.
    03-28-14 09:31 PM
    BlackBerry won a preliminary injunction on Friday to ban Ryan Seacrest's Typo Products LLC from selling a $99 iPhone case after a judge agreed that television host's company had likely infringed on BlackBerry's patents.

U.S. District Judge William Orrick in San Francisco said that the Canadian mobile phone maker had established a "likelihood" of proving that Typo infringed its patents, while mentioning that Typo had not sufficiently challenged the patents in question.

The preliminary injunction prohibits Typo from the sale of its keyboard, which is a part of the relief sought by Blackberry.

"BlackBerry is pleased that its motion for a preliminary injunction against Typo Products LLC was granted. This ruling will help prevent further injury to BlackBerry from Typo's blatant theft of our patented keyboard technology," a spokeswoman for BlackBerry said in an email.

Poetry in Motion
    03-28-14 09:38 PM
    That was a very obvious example of copyright infringement. They are like Thomas Edison while blackberry is the Nikola Tesla. Lol

Posted via CB10
    03-28-14 09:44 PM
    That was a very obvious example of copyright infringement. They are like Thomas Edison while blackberry is the Nikola Tesla. Lol

Posted via CB10
    BB's suit is primarily about patent infringement, not copyright. Patents and copyrights are different things.
    03-28-14 10:39 PM
    Both Typo and Ryan Seacrest are very arrogant. To think they can get away with this is ridiculous. I hope this junk device is removed completely and cannot be sold anywhere in the world.
    Awesome Win BlackBerry.
    03-28-14 11:05 PM
    finally so glad to see they lost they deserve it after that blatant copy of the BlackBerry keyboard
    No doubt, it's amazing they thought they could get away with it. Such an obvious copy job.
    03-28-14 11:42 PM
    There was Steve jobs, who once criticised the qwerty keyboard phones and specially BlackBerry phones...... when he was launching the first phone of Apple...... I wish I could link that video ( you will surely find it on YouTube)

And here we have apple fighting for keyboard on there I phone!????( which they even lost) Is that not crazy ???

Posted via CB10
    03-28-14 11:58 PM
    Now would it be worth it for BlackBerry to consider releasing their own keyboard add on for the iPhone?
    MADBRADNYC likes this.
    03-29-14 12:51 AM
    Now would it be worth it for BlackBerry to consider releasing their own keyboard add on for the iPhone?
    Yep! Forget about licensing fees. Let BlackBerry make and supply them directly to receive all of the revenue.
    I would rather have the real thing with the brand name that brings authenticity to the keyboard rather than a knock-off.
    Just knowing it's a real, durable, BlackBerry keyboard as opposed to a knock-off with bad build quality helps a lot!
    Let BlackBerry make some money from this if iPhone users really want keyboards!

I'm from NY where you can get knock-offs for anything from boot-leg movies, colognes, or Gucci bags.
    Everyone knows a fake when they see it and they know it's just NOT the same as the original article.
    However; my biggest fear is that people so dedicated to their own platform would suddenly find a reason NOT to have a use for one if it's made by BlackBerry. It would probably go from a "must have" to a "Meh, we don't need it anyway" overnight. Guaranteed.

I've seen this same position taken by BlackBerry users about certain missing features or apps as well.
    03-29-14 01:12 AM
    There was Steve jobs, who once criticised the qwerty keyboard phones and specially BlackBerry phones...... when he was launching the first phone of Apple...... I wish I could link that video ( you will surely find it on YouTube)

And here we have apple fighting for keyboard on there I phone!????( which they even lost) Is that not crazy ???

Posted via CB10
    What are you talking about? Apple had no hand in Typo, Typo is simply an accessory made by a 3rd party for the iPhone. If Apple had their way that awful thing would have never been produced as the built-in keyboard is more than adequate (according to them).
    Dave Bourque and richardat like this.
    03-29-14 02:23 AM
    What happens to the money they've made with the ones sold already? BlackBerry should get that no?
    03-29-14 03:20 AM

Posted via CB10
    Naaa....Apple had nothing to do with this fight, far too arrogant for that......probably extremely glad over at Cupertino right now saying "thank goodness that ghastly contraption has been banned!"
    03-29-14 05:18 AM
    Now, BlackBerry could capitalise and make a hardware keyboard for all the popular touch screen phones including BlackBerry.

Posted on CB10 with the Q10
    03-29-14 06:50 AM
    Suck it Typo, you lost-img_20140329_120911.png
    Shouldn't this site be closed?

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.2141 pin:2AE6118E
    Dave Bourque likes this.
    03-29-14 07:09 AM
    people on the main page article are saying "BBRY should buy Typo and release it themselves"....WRONG answer. BBRY should and probably will enter into a licensing agreement with Typo, that keeps the manufacturing of the keyboard add on "off-site", while allowing a steady payment for every one sold. Plus it allows BBRY to say things like "you like the typo keyboard...now try the ORIGINAL keyboard it copied from....A BBRY Q(whatever).

Licensing agreements allow companies to make money while incurring none of the manufacturing costs. that is a win for BBRY
    03-29-14 10:43 AM

Posted via CB10
    What's even crazier is that Apple changed its corporate name to "Typo." Oh wait, it didn't.
    Last edited by Wiki Cydia; 03-29-14 at 04:15 PM. Reason: Part of what I wrote wasn't true, so it's been deleted.
    app_Developer and richardat like this.
    03-29-14 11:01 AM
    I don't understand the hate for typo, sure they copied BlackBerry and all but why didn't BlackBerry release their own keyboard for the IPhone?

If there's one company that should get the hate it's BlackBerry. After all these years, they never taught about bringing a add on keyboard to the market?