New to the forum and have a few qsts...................

I know there are stylus' made for temp. sensative touch screens but are there any recommended specifically or that work better with the new BB Storm?

Also, is there a setting that can be changed on that will eliminate the screen actually having to be depressed or engaged (physically clicked down)? Maybe more like an i-phone screen works? Thanks
    08-21-09 03:56 PM
    Uhm...I doubt you can press on the screen with a Stylus, and no...I don't think the click-screen can be disabled.
    08-21-09 06:27 PM
    1. A stylus will not work with the Storm, it senses your fingers. It won't even work with gloves on.

2. No, the click is one of the many reasons to get the Storm, if you don't want click then maybe the Storm isn't for you. Opera mini does work this way but it's made to work with all BB's.
    08-21-09 06:40 PM
    Do they even make those for blackberrys? If so, why?

I personally don't like those, threw the ones away when I used to have a palm phone. The touch-screens seems much much better when I play with it at the VZW store
    08-21-09 06:50 PM
    Here's the thing, the touch screen on the Storm is capacitive so it needs to interact with another capacitive medium like the human body to generate a very faint electrical charge. The chemicals on the screen then sense this and presto, you're interacting with the device.

Now, the stylus. Yes, you can use one but not just any stylus. The stylus itself has to be conductive. So plastics is out right away.

I have no idea what stylus is in fact conductive but I know they exist for certain devices. Try to hunt one down on Google and see if you get lucky.
    08-21-09 06:50 PM
    I got curious and did a search, gotta love this one! If you want to make your own it's easy, watch the video.

Make: Online : DIY iPhone Stylus

The idea of a conductive stylus is easy, a metal rod works. It just has to conduct electricity.
    08-21-09 06:51 PM
    Thanks for that. I got curious about that as well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-21-09 07:01 PM
    I would find dragging a metal rod around your screen a rather disturbing idea. Sounds like an impending disaster.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-21-09 07:21 PM
    They do actually make a few different stylus' that will work with any heat sensitive touch screen like the BB Storm, i-phone, etc. I was just wondering which one you guys might recommend if any of you had one currently or heard about?

To put it short and sweet, I'm a bodybuilder, big guy, big hands and fingers which make it almost impossible to text (which I used to love to do). I guess i can get used to clicking the screen down but that is "wherein the problem lies!" I can always highlight the key i want 99% of the time but when i actually go to depress it, that is when everything gets screwed up due to my large fingers rolling over to the left or right. CRAZY MIS-SPELLED words! This is why i love the stylus idea! Just not sure which one i want yet?

Anyway, thanks for the replies and keep them coming if any one else has any other solutions or ideas!
    08-21-09 11:18 PM
    ilounge website talks about the new ten-one stylus for i-phones

Try the ilounge site above first to search for the stylus i talk and have qsts about below. I am unable to list direct links to these sites due to my new account only having 2 responses.

I have given instructions on how to google below what you need if none of the above works

Ten One unveils Pogo Stylus for iPhone, iPod touch

If you type the exact words above that i placed in bold context into google it should find the i-lounge site that has info and talks about the new TEN ONE POGO STYLUS.

What do you guys think of this ten-one? Looks in-expensive enough at $25 to at least try maybe? Primarily made for i-phone but if it works on the i-phone screen, shouldn't it work on a bb storm?
    08-21-09 11:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD