Incorporating stylus pens in the upcoming phones is something BlackBerry should be doing. The note 3 has success with this. With the octa core phones coming having some sort of smart stylus would be great along with 10.3. BlackBerry should step up the game and have this feature.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    johnm137 and anon(4044683) like this.
    03-01-14 10:50 PM
    Would that be bringing back the old? People complain about bringing back the track pad, my old palm treo 650 had a stylus.

In any case, more features can't hurt, there's people out there that like it and I'm on board for bringing more features.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-14 10:56 PM
    Put a stylus with a Samsung note and all is good. Pack a stylus with a BlackBerry and ewwwwww that's so 10 years ago.

Sadly that is the truth.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-14 11:31 PM
    Put a stylus with a Samsung note and all is good. Pack a stylus with a BlackBerry and ewwwwww that's so 10 years ago.

Sadly that is the truth.

Posted via CB10
    Lol! Well I wouldn't mind having a stylus if the screen is at least 5inches.
    Although I did had one with my Q10 and I did like it.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-14 12:19 AM
    Lol! Well I wouldn't mind having a stylus if the screen is at least 5inches.
    Although I did had one with my Q10 and I did like it.

Posted via CB10
    Wow I never thought about using the Q10 with a stylus but It's growing on my. Now I wish it did come with one. There could be a use for it....especially due to the small screen it would most definitely come in handy.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-14 12:44 AM
    I think the stylus would be needle thin. Like the ones that came with NTT Docomo Sharp Aquos SH-08E. You should see that with the IGZO screen. It's so sensitively accurate that you can write Japanese in tight small letters and it'll still be readable.

Posted via CB on BB10
    03-02-14 12:46 AM
    BlackBerry 5.5" screen with a stylus on board?Yes I would buy it in a heart beat!

Posted via CB10
    shaleem likes this.
    03-02-14 12:47 AM
    I used to use stylae with several HP iPaqs like 13 years ago. And I do not need that back.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-14 05:10 AM
    I think the technology that the OP is referring to is Captivative Screens.

A stylus is just a touch screen pen. It can already be used on BlackBerry devices. It's the captivating screen that allows a thin pointed stylus such as those with the Note work. The Surface Pro also uses this technology.

So again, it's not the pen, it's the hardware of the device.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-14 06:16 AM
    Why not

Posted via CB10
    03-02-14 06:34 AM
    I think you mean *Capacitive* screens there...

I use a stylus with my Q10 quite often. It keeps finger smears off my screen, and also lets me be more accurate when selecting text or game buttons, etc.

Plus it means I don't need special gloves to use my phone in cold weather, which we've had a bit of this winter! (snowing a bit now... can't put the big down mittens away just yet!)

I think the technology that the OP is referring to is Captivative Screens.

A stylus is just a touch screen pen. It can already be used on BlackBerry devices. It's the captivating screen that allows a thin pointed stylus such as those with the Note work. The Surface Pro also uses this technology.

So again, it's not the pen, it's the hardware of the device.

Posted via CB10

Typed on my Q10, SQN100-2, 10.2.1.2141 :-)
    walt63 likes this.
    03-02-14 07:27 AM
    I think the stylus would be needle thin. Like the ones that came with NTT Docomo Sharp Aquos SH-08E. You should see that with the IGZO screen. It's so sensitively accurate that you can write Japanese in tight small letters and it'll still be readable.

Posted via CB on BB10
    These are the screens BlackBerry should have on every phone they make from now on. *** Mr Chen I hope you are reading this ******

03-02-14 12:07 PM
    I want want a Blackberry simular to the note 4 or better that can do everything it can do but better.

05-12-14 07:27 AM
    I don't see any use for that except for phablet devices. And if a company implements that, the corresponding software should actually be really good in order to make that thing a useful addition.

Posted via CB10
    05-12-14 10:17 AM
    I think rather than bringing the stylus back to the BlackBerry, I think that the idea of stylus usage needs to be changed.

I mean, consider this.

One of the very good implementation of stylus in phablets (Android powered ones) lies within Sharp Aquos 7" phablets. I forgot the exact model, but it was very accurate as you can literally write and compare it to your original handwriting on paper, and it will record with incredible accuracy. There are videos that even pinpoint the accuracy of the touchscreen that very small and minute-ly written japanese characters are read-able, just like it was if the same guy wrote on a piece of paper in the same size (no zooming and anything).

And not to mention the Z Ultra can actually read "chicken scratch"-notes and artistic drawings.

But I think that the idea of implementation of stylus needs to be re-thought, and re-purposed. It has to be used as a valid input tool.

Let's say, for BBM, we know that the BlackBerry has very good 1 hand operation for typing. Let's say when you put a stylus into the picture. Does it help? For me, taking a stylus and then tapping on the icons of alphabets isn't going to make it easier for me to type. But if I can write in the "blank space", and it actually deciphers it to text, or draw a smiley and it recognizes it as a smiley, then the implementation of stylus is now a much more valid input device that should be given a real, proper push (at least in developing a software for stylus implementation)

I would like to see BlackBerry actually think this out properly rather than play a "me too" game at it.
    05-12-14 11:48 AM
    I use a soft rubber tip stylus on Z30 got it from ebay. I love it and use it quite often to practice my Chinese writing. I also lose it often though would love to have a tiny compartment for it like the nintendo.ds and the samsung note have.

Posted via z30 STA100-5 the only high end business device on the market
    05-12-14 12:39 PM
    Posted via CB10 on my lovely z30 B)
    05-12-14 12:44 PM
    Options are good.

I use a stylus on my Playbook.

My 92 yr old Aunt has long figure nails. It is hard for her to use her fingers to type. I got her a rubber tipped stylus and now she uses it for everything.
    05-12-14 01:32 PM
    I hope that BlackBerry comes out with the Z50 that will be the same size as the note 4 and has that stylus.

*VI* Posted Via CB10 on my Z10*VI*
    09-15-14 12:01 PM
    Not really interested

Posted via CB10
    09-15-14 12:07 PM
    I think rather than bringing the stylus back to the BlackBerry, I think that the idea of stylus usage needs to be changed.

I mean, consider this.

One of the very good implementation of stylus in phablets (Android powered ones) lies within Sharp Aquos 7" phablets. I forgot the exact model, but it was very accurate as you can literally write and compare it to your original handwriting on paper, and it will record with incredible accuracy. There are videos that even pinpoint the accuracy of the touchscreen that very small and minute-ly written japanese characters are read-able, just like it was if the same guy wrote on a piece of paper in the same size (no zooming and anything).

And not to mention the Z Ultra can actually read "chicken scratch"-notes and artistic drawings.

But I think that the idea of implementation of stylus needs to be re-thought, and re-purposed. It has to be used as a valid input tool.

Let's say, for BBM, we know that the BlackBerry has very good 1 hand operation for typing. Let's say when you put a stylus into the picture. Does it help? For me, taking a stylus and then tapping on the icons of alphabets isn't going to make it easier for me to type. But if I can write in the "blank space", and it actually deciphers it to text, or draw a smiley and it recognizes it as a smiley, then the implementation of stylus is now a much more valid input device that should be given a real, proper push (at least in developing a software for stylus implementation)

I would like to see BlackBerry actually think this out properly rather than play a "me too" game at it.
    What resolution of digitizer is needed? That cannot be cheap.
    09-15-14 12:49 PM
    The mouse button on the Note 4 stylus really has me intrigued.
    shaleem likes this.
    09-15-14 01:16 PM
    Stop calling it Stylus. Stylus was a the old technology pen used 10 years ago on pda, xda type of phone. Let's talk about smart pen with Wacom or n trig technology like the ones in Samsung and surface pro 3. Again its not Stylus its a smart pen. They both are different technologies. One writes on a resistive screen and other writes on a capacitive screen with more than 250 to 1000 levels of pressure sensitivity.

Posted via CB10
    09-15-14 08:19 PM
    I love the pen on my Asus VivoTab Windows tablet, but I wouldn't want one for my phone. You need at least an 8" screen to make a pen worthwhile.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-14 08:26 AM
    They should have a stylus. But make it a memory pen. Something where I can load a file on it and tap another phone screen to accept the file.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-14 08:38 AM
29 12