Changes so far:
    - Added main genre listing that sends you down to the right place, as well as "back to top" links.
    - Added background colors. It's ridiculous how hard that is for a browser that, by default, doesn't support style sheets or tables.
    - Improved the colors. You'll now need to turn on HTML table support to see them.

Changes coming soon:
    - More genres.

Changes that require a new site:
    - Hundreds more terrestrial, internet and satellite stations
    - Faster loading, better navigation, search, better graphics
    - Personal favorites
    - Recently-played song info
    - Working AAC streams
    - City pages, country pages
    - More genres
    - Filters for non-commercial, low-commerical, and frequent-commercial stations
    - High- and low-bandwidth options
    - Popularity rankings
    - User-added and edited stations

I'm serious about creating a great BB radio site, which may in fact become a BB app, but it's going to take time and money, and even the smallest donation would help. $2 would buy a domain name, for example. Is anyone willing?
    Last edited by pdxuser; 04-19-09 at 01:38 AM.
    04-18-09 01:11 AM
    Hi PDX. I just got back from a trip and was excited to see your post about the bbc site. Unfortunately for me it comes up with an error - programs cannot be watched outside the UK. (this on the radio site).
    Otherwise, i'd be happy to support your efforts to make this all work for others. What's the best way to keep you going and encouraged?
    04-19-09 09:01 AM
    Hey, thanks so much! I'll PM you. It's too bad that BBC radio wouldn't work directly, I thought you were in the UK. Maybe someone there can work on that for us. But at least Moodio works for now.

If anyone else would like to help out, just IM me. And thanks!

I just added comedy to the lineup, and I'll add the Latin and talk formats soon. There's a problem right now in that you have to wait for the entire page to load before all the genre links at the top work, but that can be fixed as soon as I can buy some server space and make the site multi-page rather than one long page. That will also make the site load faster.

By the way, does anyone else keep CSS (style sheets) off in their BB browser? I do because pages load a lot faster when they're not requesting a bunch of separate files with style information in them. But I also know of a smart way to use CSS to make pages load faster, so I don't know whether to use it or not.
    04-19-09 02:57 PM
    Ok, there are now stations for all the genres. The site is too long and slow to load, but I can fix that as soon as I buy some server space.
    04-20-09 01:32 AM
    Hi PDX. I'm still trying to get any radio to work. I've got v4.5 OS now and even moodio doesn't do anything. Once a station worked for a few seconds on moodio but then never again. I've tried many stations by going to their stream but either it says Loading or Buffering and then nothing, or Error Playing File. I've tried Opera and my ISP browser. Any other suggestions?

thanks
    04-21-09 10:06 PM
    Oh no, your provider, Telus, blocks streaming:

about us / policies / mike, pcs, pay & talk - TELUS Mobility

"You will not use the service for: multi-media streaming"

I'm really sorry for all the trouble you've gone through! I didn't realize nothing had worked for you.
    04-22-09 02:13 AM
    I thought there must be something like that happening. thanks for your persistence at trying all those angles and for tracking down my problem's source. I guess because Telus wants people to subscribe to their radio feeds they won't allow any others.

keep up the good work for the rest of us!
    04-22-09 11:16 PM
    Hi PDX. It's a miracle! There was an app in the BB App Store called Nobex with quite a few stations (not BBC) that works! Some stations work right away, some take a few tries to play, but so far they stay playing for a while. I didn't understand how I can play Youtube videos, which i assume are streamed, but couldn't play radio. Anyway, if Nobex gets a few more stations, I'll be really happy!
    04-26-09 06:26 PM
    Thanks for the info! It works with wifi-only, too. I sent them links to more stations, we'll see if they add them.
    04-26-09 07:44 PM
    It looks like Telus might get on your case about steaming media: Telus draws fire for cancelling 'unlimited' data plan
    04-27-09 02:57 AM
    Interesting. I do have an unlimited data plan, but the last time I talked to Telus they suggested a 12 Gb plan since I wasn't using that much (before I got Nobex to work) so maybe they're trying to reduce the number of unlimited plans that way.
    I saw another post about Berrytunes - have you tried that?
    04-28-09 09:47 AM
    No, but I've tried FlyCast and Slacker, the first of which offers radio, while the latter offers songs on a playlist, which is essentially like radio. Both have more ads than the links I compiled, though. There's also Pandora and other apps that don't work for wifi-only users like me.
    04-28-09 12:49 PM
    guys, I found this thread because I'm trying to find a way to play digitally imported radio on my phone.. you can find it if you google it because I can't post links yet due to my noob status. I read in the first post that AAC+ streaming is not supported? Is there a 3rd party player that does support it? I really really really would like to be able to do this as AAC+ is an amazing format for mobile phones
    09-09-09 10:22 AM
    Hey Need help please!
    I have a bold 9000, I did the "update my device" (now using 5.0)
    since i did that my BB wont play any streaming radio in MP3 format like it used to do before I did the update.
    It plays MP3 music I put on there but not any radio stations.

Any ideas what or how to fix this, if I click on a radio station to listen to, it says
    "An Error has occurred attempting to play media."
    I have tried many different MP3 radio streaming from around the world and get this every time, before the update it worked great.

What can I do please. It's driving me mad!

Thank you in advance.
    10-06-10 04:06 PM
    hi, im tryins desperately to listened to this streaming radio on my 9700, can anyone help please ?
    http://www.1071klitefm.com/streaming.php?high=1
    10-11-10 12:48 AM
    go to yourmuze.fm on your PC and sign up. Then go to m.yourmuze.fm on your phone. You can store all kinds of online stations - they play great on my 9700.
    10-11-10 11:25 PM
    I opened an account on yourmuze fm, then opened from my Bold9700, everything fine so far, but when I tried listening to my stations, nothing happened!! what am I doing wrong?? anybody help!! (I�ve been trying to listen to radio from my Bold and read all the forums, as I hoped this yourmuze site seemed to help...)
    10-21-10 06:48 AM
    I've been trying to stream the BIRN(berklee internet radio network)on my BB storm. I use to be able to do it, it would open my media player and work fine and I recently updated my os and now when I try and stream it I get this message everytime that says, "this playlist contains no valid songs" I don't know why it won't work now :-( help!

10-28-10 01:31 PM
    I'm not sure why you or the last person is having problems with yourmuze.fm. It works great for me on my Bold 9700. I'm using the BB browser to go to m.yourmuze.fm after I add stations on the website, and it works fine. I tried that Berkley station and it works fine too.
    The yourmuze tech support people responded to my question once a few months ago - maybe try asking them about your situations.
    10-28-10 11:37 PM
    I could never get it to work for the station I was trying to listen to.

any suggestions?

http://129.207.37.37/kpvulive
    10-29-10 05:36 AM
    Hi great resource, can you please add Ultimate Vibes Radio (shoutcast) to the berryfm site - tried to add url but it asked me to remove it
    02-13-11 10:38 AM
    I just found this thread, I tested it on my 8900 and it worked, sort of, LOL.

I tested with a german station I like to listen to, Radio Gong, it has an mp3 stream. I got to the last link and the low quality stream opened fine, then I wanted to test the high quality one and it didn't work, now the low q doesn't work either Maybe a device reboot... anyway, I looked up the list in blogspot and 2 out of 3 I've tested open fine. Thanks for this.

http://radigo01.nci.de:8000/low_q
    http://radigo01.nci.de:8000/high_q
    02-18-11 01:50 PM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD