I'm sure that in previous OS versions, when you're streaming music while using the Maps app, the music wouldn't mute totally, but would gently quieten while the Maps app would give you directions. So the Maps voice would still be clearly heard and the music wouldn't stop.

Now though, it completely and abruptly mutes the music about 2 seconds before the Maps lady speaks, which gives a bad experience, especially when there are many directions being given.

Or am I imagining this? I rarely listened to music on my phone while driving before but I did today and was sure that the experience is different from before 10.3.1

Posted via CB10
    04-03-15 10:08 PM
    It's always been a sudden stop, directions, and then back to the music in my experience.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-15 05:07 AM
    I want to say that it's been a complete stop directions, then a resume of music.

If you don't want it to go that way...mute the turn by turn directions and drive with the phone in clear sight so you can jam to your heart's content or let your ears bleed listening to the radio while getting closer to the destination.

Typed and swiped from my Passport.
    04-07-15 05:37 AM
    Mireo don't panic gps app does what you are looking for, but BlackBerry maps does the abrupt stop as mentioned from my experience.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-15 06:54 AM
    Looks like I imagined this feature then! Lol

Posted via CB10
    04-07-15 11:25 AM
    I still have 10.2.1 and the music gets quieter while the map gives directions. You can still hear it in the background. So you weren't imagining this. I just tested with music app and apollo(pandora). It works the same.

Posted from my awesome Q10
    beemaabeemababy likes this.
    04-07-15 09:15 PM
    It's never stopped for me it just gets quiet and the lady says the direction and music goes back up

Posted via Z30 from the sunny Okanagan
    beemaabeemababy likes this.
    04-08-15 01:56 AM
    I still have 10.2.1 and the music gets quieter while the map gives directions. You can still hear it in the background. So you weren't imagining this. I just tested with music app and apollo(pandora). It works the same.

Posted from my awesome Q10
    Oh my days! I was right the first time!! Thanks for confirming that I'm not mental.

Posted via CB10
    04-08-15 02:23 PM
    It's never stopped for me it just gets quiet and the lady says the direction and music goes back up

Posted via Z30 from the sunny Okanagan
    This is exactly what I want. I wonder why they changed it to stop the music totally rather than quieten down the music...

Posted via CB10
    04-08-15 02:24 PM