Since Blackberry has shut down all if its servers, I have observed a marked increase in battery usage from the OS system. I attribute this to the fact that it is still trying to phone home for some of its built in apps. It comes and goes and this I feel shows a cycle to contact the servers. I do not think this can be stopped since it is part of the OS System and it’s just another reason to retire the T-Rex of phones.

BBS is off and was turned off before the shutdown/system was wiped and reinstalled with auto loader. OS System is now running at 14 to 50% then nothing then back, it is what was eating battery time..
    Last edited by SteinwayTransitCorp; 01-23-22 at 10:04 AM.
    01-22-22 09:32 AM
    Since Blackberry has shut down all if its servers, I have observed a marked increase in battery usage from the OS system. I attribute this to the fact that it is still trying to phone home for some of its built in apps. It comes and goes and this I feel shows a cycle to contact the servers. I do not think this can be stopped since it is part of the OS System and it’s just another reason to retire the T-Rex of phones.

Yes, a well known problem. Somewhere on here is a dedicated thread.

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...804.1609278788
    01-22-22 10:20 AM
    You can turn off wi-fi and use it only for browsing. Only solution I know.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-22 12:09 PM

I missed that one thank you for the heads up!
    01-23-22 09:29 AM

After reading the thread it seems to be hit and miss. The phone was fine for about a week than poof. heavy system use, its just that time; while I love the phone she is now OUT OF SERVICE so to speak. Maps (google) can't find a GPS signal and then this........its been fun.
    01-23-22 09:37 AM