This is the strangest thing that's ever happened with my 8120 and before I call t-mobile, I thought I would ask about it here.

today, I was browsing through the video files I have stored on my 8 gig memory card in my 8120 and I noticed a new file called KDbLk_IAV5o (a 3gp file).

I played it on the phone and it was a 6 megabyte, 6 minute long video of some kind of children's country event. It took place in some kind of amphitheater, with children singing songs, a cowboy talking about the stars, and a woman dressed as an indian giving a speech.

I HAVE NO IDEA what this file is. I bought my memory card new in box months ago. I formatted it when I bought it. the only files on it are the .3gp's and .mp4's that I myself transferred onto it. I've never seen this file before so I have absolutely no idea where it could have come from.

The phone has never been out of my control (it rarely leaves my pocket). And the "properties" show that the file was "last modified" on dec 31, 2008 around 3pm. As far as I remember, I was home at the time with the phone in my pocket.

Can anyone tell me what the heck this 3gp file is and where it came from? Could someone have secretly bluetooth transferred it to me or something? I am just completely baffled on this one.
    01-09-09 11:30 AM
    From the content, clearly it is not advertising being pushed to you or code with a malicious intent.

Bluetooth takes a long time to transfer a large file, not much chance of picking it up from a random stranger in a coffee shop. Quite the mystery.
    01-09-09 11:34 AM
    thanks for the reply.

yeah, and it's not like I leave bluetooth on all the time either. I only rarely use it to connect my car's GPS puck.

I was initially trying to tell if this .3gp was recorded with my phone, but the footage seemed to be right on stage with the singers and possibly edited, so it looked more like something that was filmed, then converted to .3gp, then (somehow) transferred to my phone.

I haven't even sync'd my phone with my computer (micro USB) in weeks. This is just too weird. I have no freaking idea what this is or where it came from.

*EDIT
    I just played the video again and it is the "Calgary Stampede Grandstand Show". Something I've never heard of before I just googled it:

Calgary Stampede - Grandstand Show

it's some Canadian event I guess...But I live in Arizona and have not a clue what it's all about.
    I did spend new years eve at a country bar here in Phoenix. And the file seems to have appeared on the 31st....
    Last edited by jdallac; 01-09-09 at 11:51 AM.
    01-09-09 11:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD