Running a test today, I found that I can run Garmin GPS and GPSed at the same time. So, not only can I get very accurate turn by turn directions (Garmin), I can use the track from GPSed and import it into Google Earth to see where I've been.
    02-10-09 05:07 PM
    Yes, GPSed is great!

Here is one of the tracks - how it looks like:

Track

You can also pin photos to a track!

I also recommend it, it is free!

Download here
    02-12-09 02:41 AM
    I agree, it is really good. I use the Blackberry Maps as my GPS and it works.
    02-12-09 08:13 AM
    Yes, GPSed is great!

Here is one of the tracks - how it looks like:

Track

You can also pin photos to a track!

I also recommend it, it is free!

Download here
    Ya, GPSed is great, but I haven't used the photo feature yet. I assume you didn't take those pics with your phone. So did you just upload them and pin them? How easy/time consuming was it to do that?
    02-12-09 10:02 AM
    Hi all

I'm having some issues getting this installed on my 9530

I went to the site and created an account but I cannot seem to get it downloaded

When I click on downloads it just keeps making me go in an endless loop between the downloads page and another page that says

GPSED.com
    Mapping your impressions

then at the bottom there is another link that says wap.shapeservices.com

on that link there is a link for gpsed software but it brings me back to the preceding page....Am I missing something here? please advise

Thanks
    02-12-09 10:25 AM
    are there any free turn by turn nav programs?
    I used VZnav for the one month free trial. it worked really well but causes my phone to use all the battery and will not close even after a battery pull.
    02-12-09 01:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD