I serached the forums a bit and did not notice a question like this. I have recently looked on the web and there are SanDisk wifi cards and I am wondering if one would work with the 9530.
    Last edited by Richard Munch; 05-11-09 at 05:19 PM.
    05-11-09 05:13 PM
    No wifi on the storm.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-11-09 05:25 PM
    the Storm's micro-SD card slot is under the back shell, and the size of the slot is limited.

I don't think one would work due to size constraints, as well as the OS probably isn't coded to work with WIFI yet?..
    05-11-09 05:25 PM
    Those cards won't work in ANY Blackberry. The platform doesn't have the necessary drivers to make use of it.
    05-11-09 05:37 PM
    Alright thanks for all the help, I guess I just got to hope for the second gen Storm to have Wifi capabilities.
    05-11-09 05:44 PM
    I think those WiFi cards are just SD not Micro SD. I do have a WiFi SD card in my wife's camera
    05-11-09 06:11 PM
    RIM Rangers will bash your doors and windows in if you EVER put wi-fi on the storm. its illegal in canada, and they aren't afraid to cross borders to punish!!!
    05-11-09 06:17 PM
    RIM Rangers will bash your doors and windows in if you EVER put wi-fi on the storm. its illegal in canada, and they aren't afraid to cross borders to punish!!!
    Lmao. Patches once again you make me smile irl.

05-11-09 06:34 PM
    There was a bit of discussion on this about 5 months ago, and the general consensus was that, while I would be a nice sneaky workaround, it just wouldn't work in the Storm.

05-11-09 06:36 PM
    No wi-fi on storm it would be nice if it had it

05-11-09 07:04 PM
    Just an off-the-wall question, but is there any reason a Java-savvy programmer couldn't write the necessary driver and application to support a Wi-Fi SD card, assuming of course that such a device was available in MicroSD?

I couldn't do it, my programming skills are 20 years out of date (I programmed in QuickBASIC, TurboPascal, and a little bit of C, that should date me, lol). But someone who actually knows what they're doing?
    05-11-09 07:37 PM
    HAHAHAHA funniest thing I have ever read on this forum.
    05-11-09 07:39 PM
    Actually, just realized there is one? But only supported on WinMo?

Spectec SDW823 microSD WiFi Card 802.11b/g
    05-11-09 08:00 PM
    This actually did come up a few months ago. I think the thread concluded with the simple fact that there just wasn't enough room in that little slot to fit the thing into the phone with the back cover, so debating it any farther would have just be ignorant.
    05-11-09 08:33 PM
    I was wondering the same thing about this, but they do not make Micro SD WiFi adapters yet, and if they did it would be more than buying a new phone anyways. Too bad as it would end a lot of gripes over the problem with VZW, incluidng one of my own. Search for SanDisk SDWSDB-000-768 Wireless 802.11b SD Card at amazon and you will see what I mean.
    05-13-09 11:40 AM
    also..this has been asked several times already.
    05-13-09 12:24 PM
    the blackberry would need the driver to use it, which dont exist yet. Maybe someone would like to make an app that can make use of these SD cards???
    05-13-09 12:28 PM
    interesting....
    05-15-09 01:05 PM
    Even if someone did come up with a driver, the program would still need to be designed to work with WIFI, which, as of right now, none do because there are no WIFI Storms..
    05-15-09 01:47 PM
    Just an off-the-wall question, but is there any reason a Java-savvy programmer couldn't write the necessary driver and application to support a Wi-Fi SD card, assuming of course that such a device was available in MicroSD?

I couldn't do it, my programming skills are 20 years out of date (I programmed in QuickBASIC, TurboPascal, and a little bit of C, that should date me, lol). But someone who actually knows what they're doing?
    Not by what I have read, as the slot for the micro sd card, is not big enough for the wifi card.

This is the last thread on the subject...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/wif...d-card-124713/
    05-15-09 02:09 PM
    Not by what I have read, as the slot for the micro sd card, is not big enough for the wifi card.

This is the last thread on the subject...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/wif...d-card-124713/
    +1 would need a driver that works and would need a Micro SD wifi card. I don't believe either exist.
    05-15-09 02:31 PM
    +1 would need a driver that works and would need a Micro SD wifi card. I don't believe either exist.
    1. MicroSD Wi-Fi card...there is ONE in existance that I know of:

Spectec SDW823 microSD WiFi Card 802.11b/g

2. No, there is no driver for Blackberry to go with it. Only supported on WinMo. However...

3. I don't see any reason why someone who know's what they're doing couldn't write the necessary driver/application. It would be a hack, but I think it could be done.

4. Will it fit? I Can't tell from the picture, looks like no to me. But dimensions aren't provided so I don't know.

Just throwing it out there.
    Last edited by DeaconBlue; 05-15-09 at 03:06 PM.
    05-15-09 03:03 PM
    ^^^ The issue is being able to write the driver and interface with the OS at the API level. To my knowledge, there's no WIFI APIs so there's no way the OS can make use of the WIFI capabilities... i.e., it's not designed within the OS version to allow for this. As you know, in WinMo, the option for WIFI is always there... even if the device doesn't have WIFI (which most do anyway), the API and OS usability integration is already in place. I hope that makes sense...
    05-15-09 03:31 PM
    Those cards won't work in ANY Blackberry. The platform doesn't have the necessary drivers to make use of it.
    +1.

Also, RIM will not allow you to do so. You might be able to create a program that connects to it, but you will probably will not be able to utilize it, due to RIM's stranglehold over it's OS.
    05-15-09 04:28 PM
    doesn't the storm 2 have the mirco sd wifi card?
    06-22-10 02:10 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD