I am new to all of this Blackberry stuff so please forgive my ignorance in advance!

I need to replace my EnV2 and get a Blackberry for work. I am looking at the Curve and the Storm. I am with Verizon. Any advice? I am not sure about the touch screen and 1st gen tech. on the Storm. Thoughts?

Also, we use Outlook and Outlook calendar for work I am looking at google Calendar as well. Thoughts on this?

Any information that you all can provide would be great! Again....pardon my newbie ignorance!
    03-24-09 08:16 AM
    I would say Curve...If you like have a full keyboard that you can actually touch that would be your best bet. I have heard to much crap about the thunder oops I mean storm to ever get one of those.
    03-24-09 08:18 AM
    In addition to the responses you'll receive here, there are plenty of threads available by simply searching your title ... as this is a very common question among users coming to a BlackBerry.

My personal opinion, the Curve is still the more stable phone of the two. I enjoy the 'new', bleeding edge technology and tend to mess with things a bit more than the normal user, so I have the Storm (I had the Curve before). Nothing beats going to a Verizon store and playing with the two side by side though, since everyone has their personal opinion ... Good luck!
    03-24-09 08:20 AM
    Ok Bigdogmom, you are about to receive alot of OPINIONS, it all comes down to what will suit your needs more. Do you like touchscreen or a keyboard? You should research the phones and go to the store and play around with them and make your decision because your going to be the one using it.
    03-24-09 08:21 AM
    I have the EnV now and think I am more a key pad person. Not sure. Other than a touch sceen and being new are there GLARING differences between the 2? Like I said, I am new to all this.
    03-24-09 08:36 AM
    Go up to verzion and play with the both of them and see which one you like more.
    03-24-09 08:37 AM
    I'd get a Curve because I like the full keyboard. I've also heard a lot of bugs with the Storm.
    03-24-09 08:41 AM
    I'd go with the Curve. Its just a solid preformer and can be a work horse and a toy

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-24-09 08:53 AM
    Here's a link or two that you may get feedback from also on this same topic.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/curv...storm+vs+curve
    03-24-09 08:56 AM
    Thank you all so very much!
    03-24-09 09:26 AM
    the full keyboard is a good anvantage for sure I also have heard alot of bad about the storm they need to work out the bugs before I chose to buy one
    03-24-09 12:33 PM
    My wife & I recently switched to BBs and went through the same decision process. We ended up getting one of each, myself with a Storm and a Curve for her. Our decision making process varied. Both offer the same basic functionality and there is not much that can be done on one but not the other so software availability did not really come into play much. Hardware was the real decision maker.

For her, she preferred the Curve having a 'real' keyboard and the feel of using it versus a touch screen. Even with the smaller screen, as compared to the Storm, she feels the benefit of the keyboard outweighs the screen size. Playing with both in the store, she felt the Curve was a less bulkier device for her to carry. The trackball on the Curve was also a plus for her to navigate with since she was used to the paradigm of using a mouse on a computer to move around with.

I preferred the Storm for it's larger screen, especially when viewing items in landscape mode. For me, I found using the virtual keyboard in portrait mode is a pain in the but using the full size virtual keyboard in landscape mode for sending message is very nice. The larger screen also comes into play for me when viewing messages; I prefer being able to quickly look at a message and see the whole thing instead of having to scroll up & down to view it. The same goes for viewing the calendar & web pages on the larger screen. I also like the slightly better digital camera on the Storm versus the Curve. My wife is not the type of person to take a lot of snap shots but I tend to carry a digital camera with me almost everywhere and the 3.2mp camera on the Storm means I can now take some decent pics at those times that I would likely not have brought the real camera with me.

And, of course, there is the 'geek factor' that I suffer from but not the wife. Having new tech toys is a must for me while the wife cares more about what 'just works' rather than caring about what the latest & greatest version is. Because of that my selection process was slightly skewed versus hers.

Now what is interesting for me is that for the past few days I've been playing with both my Storm and her Curve while I configure both of them for our email accounts, install some apps, mess around with themes, etc., and I've come to realize that while I love the larger screen of the Storm and the touchscreen, the trackball & keyboard of the Curve comes in handy for quickly getting around the device. I am enjoying my Storm, but if they were to announce a slider Storm with a keyboard & trackball, I'll be one of the first in line to get the best of both worlds.

The best thing would be to visit your local VZW store and asking the reps to let you play with both models. Our local VZW had both models side-by-side so it was easy for us to quickly compare them and to try doing identical functions (eg: sending a message) on both to see how the experience differs. Instead of going by what people have "heard" about the Storm, a hands-on session is the recommended way to decide.
    03-24-09 03:26 PM
    The curve is by far better than the storm. the keyboard is awesome.
    03-24-09 10:21 PM
    I would say the Curve is a guaranteed success. You might like the Storm, but you're almost guaranteed to like the Curve. I am always skeptical of first generation devices.

03-25-09 12:24 AM
    I have a 8900 BB curve and I prefer that over the storm. The full keyboard is great and u can put your work email accts onto your curve.

03-25-09 12:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD