Looking for comparison's and opinions from people who have expreince with both the BOLD and the STORM.

I have both and so far I am not liking the STORM so much. Between its many bugs, i.e. lag time and cheek muting to name a couple, it doesn't seem to be cutting the mustard with me.

IMO, since the creation of the BOLD last month, full qwerty board which I find much easier to type than that of a touch screen (and yes I have a iPhone too so I am aware of that comparison as well) and its 3G, the STORM can't hold a candle to the BOLD. IMO

For those of you who have both, please weigh in.

Thanks
    11-26-08 07:32 AM
    Bold, hands down IMO

I'm finding the Storm way too awkward.
    11-26-08 07:43 AM
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Wed Nov 26 08:26:18 2008 EST
    Nov 26, 2008 (Chicago Tribune - McClatchy-Tribune News Service via COMTEX News Network)
    --
    With the touch-screen Storm, Research In Motion Ltd. offers a response to Apple
    Inc.'s iPhone. Unfortunately, the Storm is more like a flurry, failing to add much
    more than a trace of innovation.
    If you use a BlackBerry, you quickly will grasp the basics of how to work
    this phone. But if you're a smart-phone newbie - the kind of person RIM wants to
    lure - who's looking for a touch-screen model, there are better choices.
    The Storm is sleek and offers nice multimedia functions; videos look great.
    But navigating the phone can be cumbersome.
    The faithful BlackBerry user may be better off with the Bold, another RIM
    model with multimedia muscle plus two fast network connections.
    - The Storm
    I was disappointed during my first few hours using the BlackBerry Storm,
    which is on sale at Verizon Wireless for $199 with a two-year contract. But I started
    to get comfortable the more I relied on it for messaging.
    But let's get right to the point: The touch controls on the Storm do not
    compare with the more responsive iPhone or Google phone. RIM should have included
    a trackball with the touch controls, like HTC did with T-Mobile's Google phone.
    Navigating the Storm is challenging because BlackBerry software is designed
    for a trackball or scroll wheel, and RIM barely changed the interface here. An example:
    When you want to reply to an e-mail, you hit the menu key to bring up the familiar
    list of messaging options. The "reply" button is between "save" and "forward," both
    of which I frequently hit instead, leading to frustrating back-tracking. A trackball
    would have alleviated this problem.
    The keyboard uses a technology called SurePress, also called "clickable"
    typing, to simulate the feel of a virtual keyboard.
    At first, I thought I was going to break the phone when I typed. As I became
    more sure-fingered, my typing became more accurate. But it's not as good as the
    iPhone's approach or a physical keyboard.
    Also, there are three different keyboard styles on this phone, which is two
    too many (on the iPhone, a QWERTY keyboard appears in the vertical position):
    - A QWERTY keypad opens when the phone is held horizontally.
    - Vertically, you have a choice of a "sure type" keyboard, where the "q"
    and "w" share one key.
    - You also can use a "multi-tap" keyboard, which looks like a standard phone
    keypad.
    As for pluses, the Storm is great for watching movies, thanks to its 3.25-inch
    screen (measured horizontally). You also can shoot video, which you can't on the
    iPhone, and the 3.2-megapixel camera is better than average.
    The Storm will appeal to people who must have a touch-screen phone, but I
    think users deep into a "crackberry" addiction would be happier with AT&T's
    offering, the Bold.
    - The Bold
    The biggest drawback to the Bold, which went on sale this month, is its $299
    price. (Can you say "holiday sale"?)
    It's a fast, responsive device that has enough multimedia content to keep
    road warriors entertained in a pinch. The keyboard is nice and firm, but I did find
    it a little slick.
    Navigating through applications and e-mail with the trackball is much faster
    on the Bold than the touch-controlled Storm. This is a phone that remains true to
    its roots with impressive results.
    It's also a nice media phone; videos, music and photos looked good. The camera
    offers only 2 megapixels, but you can shoot videos.
    As with the Storm, setting up my corporate e-mail was simple. (I didn't even
    need help from IT.) I had more trouble accessing my personal Web-based e-mail, but
    I did get it to work.
    The phone fits nicely in your palm, and typing messages with one hand is
    a breeze. It runs on AT&T's high-speed 3G network, and you can access Wi-Fi
    networks (thank you, AT&T), which you can't on the Storm.
    If you're looking for a new BlackBerry, my choice would be the Bold. (Is
    a sale on the way?)
    ---

Copyright (C) 2008, Chicago Tribune
    11-26-08 10:37 AM
    Yes, your post is way too long, you could have said the Storm sucks and the Bold is great.

After using the Storm for 4 days now I can't return it to Verizon fast enough this weekend.

What was I thinking?????

The BOLD in all ways far exceeds the Storm in performance, reliabilty and speed. No contest.
    11-26-08 06:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD