So my Storm from verizon took a dump..litteraly into the toilet. Worked for a day after that then I got a white screen that said some stuff before I could read it just turned off and won't turn on. A) Can it be fixed? B) Can I just get any other blackberry from verizon and it will work? The Storm has that sim card deal does that effect which phones I can change to.
    01-10-10 09:54 AM
    First thing most users here suggest is that you immediately remove the battery from the device and stick it in some raw rice to help dry it out for at least 24-48 hours. Continuing to use the phone after such an extreme contact with moisture screws ya over. Sorry Charlie. No hope of it being saved now. Phone is done.

I don't know about switching up to another phone. That's something you'll have to take up with Verizon.
    01-10-10 10:00 AM
    Sorry to hear that, water damage is the most common cause of device failure.

Put a layer of dry Rice in a sealed container with your Storm. Put it in a warm place for 24 hours. The Rice will work as a dessicant, removing the last traces of moisture.

Good luck, many members have reported a fully successful recovery this way.
    01-10-10 10:03 AM
    So talk to Verizon about the switching of the phones?
    01-10-10 11:04 AM
    Do you have insurance? If so, you should file an insurance claim.

Or, if you are eligible, you could upgrade to another device.
    01-10-10 11:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD