So I bought some tickets from eBay to Disneyland. When I got there I went to upgrade them to year passes. I was told the tickets were flagged and they started to grill me on the tickets. Who bought them? When where they first used? What time did you first come in? How many tickets where there? I told them that they were a wedding gift for me and my new wife and the name of the person who bought them. They wanted to speak to the person because they could not see someone giving me a $500 some dollar gift. I told them I left my phone was in the car and his info was on in my contact list. She told me I had to get it before she left. They took my tickets away from me and said they would not give them back till they verified every thing. The lady even said " well if you didn't pay for them your not loosing any money"

I left the park and pulled out my storm from my pocket and immediately emailed the person who I bought them from. He got back to me in 5 min (lucky) got his info and called him. We worked out a story, and I added all his info into my contact list.When I got back to the lady she got her supervisor who asked me the same questions only now I had my phone I pulled it out and opened the contact and said here is all their info CALL THEM! Funny enough that was all it took. I think they were bluffing, and just trying to scare me. Supervisor left and the other lady came back. The only thing she said to me was the difference in the price I had to pay. She did not even look me in the eye. She was so pissed! So the storm saves the day!!!
    01-05-09 06:11 PM
    The moral of the story: Never leave your BlackBerry in the car. Keep it on your person at all times! LOL

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-05-09 07:15 PM
    I'm confused what was wrong with the tickets? Like why did they hound ya for them and why were thy flagged?

01-05-09 09:24 PM
    The moral of the story: Never leave your BlackBerry in the car. Keep it on your person at all times! LOL

Word. I hope the car wasn't parked in the hot sun.
    01-05-09 09:27 PM
    thats a strange story tho. No one would be taking tickets away from me that are legit. Unless it was a cop and even then, my lawyer is on speed dial so... unless u were a kid, its kind of a strange story (condisering customer service initiatives n all). glad it worked out for ya tho
    01-06-09 12:33 AM
    Yeah that does sound pretty crazy. At least it worked out for you.
    01-06-09 12:38 AM
    Why was it necessary to work out a story? Was the sale not legal or were you trying to break any rules? Not accusing you, it's just strange that you had to make up a story and get a stranger to collaborate.
    01-06-09 09:33 AM
    Why was it necessary to work out a story? Was the sale not legal or were you trying to break any rules? Not accusing you, it's just strange that you had to make up a story and get a stranger to collaborate.
    My thoughts exactly. Doesn't sound legit if you had to work up a story.
    01-06-09 10:55 AM
    I'm willing to bet the "bought on eBay" is the operative element here. Not everyone selling stuff there is getting it via legitimate means.
    01-06-09 10:57 AM
    So, um.. hooray for scamming? is that what this thread is about?
    01-06-09 10:58 AM
    Sounds like another scam...
    01-06-09 11:00 AM
    Sounds to me like some dude stole tickets and sold them on ebay. The original ticket owners reported them stolen, thus they were flagged. So wreckz uses his storm to call the theif and tells him what is happening and he better play along in this story/game.

So, Storm saves the day using deceit, dishonesty and trickery. And some family somewhere is out their family vacation tickets. Go Storm!
    Last edited by cexshun; 01-06-09 at 11:13 AM.
    01-06-09 11:05 AM
    I am so confused right now. What is this thread about really?
    01-06-09 11:08 AM
    Word. I hope the car wasn't parked in the hot sun.
    Yeah man! You wouldn't leave your dog or your kid in the car. What posessed you to leave your Storm all hot and bothered!? Not to mention lonely! :-D

01-06-09 11:10 AM
    Either a) getting to Disney on bad tickets,

B) the ability to conjure up stories with the dishonest, and share/brag

C) let us know how dumb this is

D) Throw the storms name in the thread since this is a BB site.

Take your pick.
    01-06-09 11:10 AM
    Yay for deception. e_e

If the tickets were legit, they wouldn't be flagged. If the OP THOUGHT they were legit, he wouldn't have felt inclined to "work up a story." Since they were flagged and the OP felt the need to lie about what is purported to be a legitimate ebay purchase, I'm smelling stink all over this one. I call BS.
    01-06-09 11:21 AM
    speaking of keeping things in your car...
    Before i got married my fiances sister, who is hella hot, came up to, before she went to bed,(we were all staying in a cabin at the coast) and said, "Im heading up stairs for bed, if you follow me in 5 minutes, I will give you the craziest sex of your life and I will never speak of this to anyone, if you decide not to follow, i wont saying anything either...It's up to you",....So, I was thinking about what she had just offered, knowing my fiance and her parents were out to dinner and wouldnt be back for another 2 hours or so... So I walked outside to my car and out there was my fiances entire family. They started to clap and the sister leaned out the window and yelled to me,
    "You made the right decision"
    The moral of the story is......Always keep your condoms in your car!
    01-06-09 11:24 AM
    Before i got married my fiances sister, who is hella hot, came up to, before she went to bed,(we were all staying in a cabin at the coast) and said, "Im heading up stairs for bed, if you follow me in 5 minutes, I will give you the craziest sex of your life and I will never speak of this to anyone, if you decide not to follow, i wont saying anything either...It's up to you",....So, I was thinking about what she had just offered, knowing my fiance and her parents were out to dinner and wouldnt be back for another 2 hours or so... So I walked outside to my car and out there was my fiances entire family. They started to clap and the sister leaned out the window and yelled to me,
    you are lucky that you didn't end up like Bobbitt from a few years back.
    01-06-09 11:31 AM
    I LOL'd at this story.
    01-06-09 11:32 AM
    Sounds like another scam...
    if its a scam i wouldn't come to a open forum and tell it that don't make any since to me.
    01-06-09 11:34 AM
    if its a scam i wouldn't come to a open forum and tell it that don't make any since to me.
    People tend to do weird things on CB. So, indeed, it could be a scam.
    01-06-09 11:37 AM
    Ha ha ha, that was great. The last line killed it.
    01-06-09 11:38 AM
    My money is on the OP bought it from eBay as he said, but the selling vendor either has access to tickets being printed, or is fencing for someone who does. They did an inventory and flagged a range of ticket numbers that were missing. The OP probably figured the price was too good to be true but went with it anyway, didn't ask too many questions, and figured when the jig was up he'd better come up with a better story than eBay.

There are probably literally millions of stories about stuff being bought cheaply via eBay that turned out to be hot or otherwise not being sold legitimately (OEM software, anyone)?

Just speculating.
    01-06-09 11:40 AM
    The OP is conspicuous in his/her lack of a defense or other comment.
    01-06-09 12:26 PM
    When you buy parkhopper passes to Disney, you don't neccisarily use all the days on the pass. They are still valid for admission, but are supposed to be non-transferable. I bought some off e-bay(though I admit I shouldn't have) and they worked just fine.
    01-06-09 12:41 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD