Does anyone realise the STORM is made in Mexico? I didn't until my husband just had a payload of 30,000 lbs of them on his plane from Guadalahara to Memphis.
    Last edited by savvyrider; 11-30-08 at 12:18 PM. Reason: To get rid of angry face
    11-30-08 10:37 AM
    It's made in Mexico and Canada.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/whe...rm-made-96456/
    11-30-08 11:28 AM
    but why are you angry about it???
    11-30-08 11:47 AM
    I didn't mean to shout and sound upset. Totally not.
    11-30-08 12:15 PM
    I work for a factory in Tuscaloosa, AL.

We make Mercedes Benz, the GL,M, and R classes. Most people criticize Mexican made parts and products, but I can assure you that most everything we touch that is made in Mexico, is great.

I had much rather install a part from Mexico, than I had one from Canada, or even Germany.
    11-30-08 12:17 PM
    all my berrys have been made in mexico, and never had a problem...
    11-30-08 12:28 PM
    i would trust it more then something made in america

lol

the style of management and how things are carried out here

is horrible

>>business major
    11-30-08 01:52 PM
    I work for a factory in Tuscaloosa, AL.

We make Mercedes Benz, the GL,M, and R classes. Most people criticize Mexican made parts and products, but I can assure you that most everything we touch that is made in Mexico, is great.

I had much rather install a part from Mexico, than I had one from Canada, or even Germany.
    Roll Tide. Must be nice to be in the middle of it all.
    11-30-08 10:07 PM
    Does anyone realise the STORM is made in Mexico? I didn't until my husband just had a payload of 30,000 lbs of them on his plane from Guadalahara to Memphis.
    What's wrong with that? Another thing... is "Guadalajara", not Guadalahara. Do you have any idea how much it cost to pay the people there to put the phones together compared to what we pay for them. That's upsetting!!!
    11-30-08 11:31 PM
    BB's have been manufactured in mexico for a while, its not new. As well as Canada, and Hungary. The same goes for the Storm.
    12-01-08 12:17 AM
    Some are now made in Sweden, too, but it's not a reason to get pissed off.
    12-01-08 08:01 AM
    lol, if you only knew how many things v were made there!
    12-01-08 08:18 AM
    News flash: People in Mexico are also competent, educated workers. Thanks to the lax restrictions coming out of two straight business-***-kissing administrations, a lot of US companies are sending their manufacturing across the border.
    12-01-08 08:19 AM
    Absolutely right leftcoaster. Thanks to NAFTA, lots of stuff is made in Mexico. Of course, NAFTA involved the U.S., Canada and Mexico (see, I know something Sarah Palin doesn't---not hard) so either way BB was going to be the recipient of our bad deal with NAFTA.

I wonder how much the workers in Mexico make vs. the workers in Canada who are making BBs?
    12-01-08 09:24 AM
    And the problem with this is................... ??
    12-01-08 09:28 AM
    mine is being shipped right now... i can't wait to get it!!!!!
    12-01-08 09:36 AM
    And the problem with this is................... ??
    Nothing. This thread is stupid.
    12-01-08 01:07 PM
    A lot of people are operating under the assumption that non-Canada made blackberries are a cause of defect rates, which is a pretty huge (and baseless) assumption.

My Bold was made in Hungary and I have had no hardware issues with it at all.
    12-01-08 01:11 PM
    A lot of people are operating under the assumption that non-Canada made blackberries are a cause of defect rates, which is a pretty huge (and baseless) assumption.

My Bold was made in Hungary and I have had no hardware issues with it at all.
    Popped off the faux-leather plate on my bold: made in Canada (RIMs HQ). I could care less where the phone is made as long as it functions like it's supposed to. I don't know why the person who started this thread has a problem with the phone made in this hemisphere...****, on this CONTINENT. As many of you know, most electronics (and most of everything else we buy/consume) are made where?....CHINA.

Remember, it's your ELECTED officials (US & CAN) who can help keeps jobs where they need to be...HOME! I don't think it's fair to blame the poor people of 3rd world nations who are exploited to make these "things" we so desperately "need".
    12-01-08 05:09 PM
    I dont think most of us would want to pay the price of the Storm if we had to pay all american labor to make the device. We can see what unions (at the very least they are part of it and if you deny it you're either blind or just in denial) have done to the auto industry. Millions still receiving health benefits, roughly about ~$20 more an hour compared to factories in other parts of the country as far as paying workers.

So, at the end of the day you have to be willing to pay the difference in order to have americans assemble these things. I frequently travel to Mexico and their are plenty of very competent and educated people there, we're not talking about Tora Bora. Enjoy your Storms!
    12-01-08 06:57 PM
    Money69, you said it! Most people would not pay the price for an American built part. Seems like every other thread I see on these phone bulletin boards have to do with complaints regarding prices.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-02-08 05:23 AM
    i would trust it more then something made in america

lol

the style of management and how things are carried out here

is horrible

>>business major
    Your a business major so you probably haven't been in the real world. American made in electronics is still the best. Quality systems in mexico still need improvement

12-02-08 06:03 AM
    The fact is that quality overall will not compare to US built phones or any sophisticated elctronic device. But like a few people that know about economy and marketing. It's cheaper, alot cheaper.

The sad thing about major companies with factories outside the Us... i.e.(Mexico, Hungary, anywhere in the asian pacific). The standards are way lower than those in the states. Pay, work conditions, skill requirements, experiance, and knowledge.

You can't expect thousands of people to meet the qualifications as they would need in the US. But just as RIM, all the other major corporations take that in to account. Hence support centers, warranties, websites, and US technicians. Thats where the extra money for making phones outside the US goes to.

So you will probably get a RIM from Mexico or Hungary, and yes there might be a slight chance of defects, but keep in mind, you are still in the US. That phone can be swapped out in 2 or 3 days. Again, again, and again........
    12-02-08 06:56 AM
    I don't know the OP's intent, but here is why Storm users are concerned about where their phone was manufactured:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/tho...ml#post1088493

12-02-08 08:57 AM
    Glad to see you chaged the angry face to a smiley face. First thing I thought when you wrote this was, your husband should be happy that he had to fly to Mexico to get the (storm), other than global commerce Fed-Ex would have some rough roads ahead. I am not for or against where it is made, just pointing out that there is always a different way to look at stuff.
    12-02-08 10:08 AM
61 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD