Does anyone know if the Storm GPS works with Full version of Roblock? Having some trouble with the trial version.
    12-16-08 06:59 AM
    No, I did some beta testing with them on a PEarl and the app will not work on a CDMA network.
    12-16-08 08:07 AM
    My wife and I got new Storms and installed Roblock a couple of weeks ago after my wife nearly lost hers. Following huge panic and cursing and calling the phone, she found it along her walking path. After doing some looking and gambling I downloaded Roblock for the Storm ota from vapssky.

Both the trial and full versions have worked mostly fine. I have noticed two "hiccups".

1. The "where" command is hit or miss on the web interface (mostly miss). This has become especially true since I upgraded to v5.0 on the handheld (it worked OK v4.7 if not a bit slow email has always been faster). However, sending a "where" email to the address that I use solely on my BB (@vzw.blackberry.net) from any computer has worked basically everytime (indoor/outdoor whatever).

2. If I send emails/texts from one Storm to the other I don't get the responses but the commands (except for "where") still work (probably because the program deletes any Roblock emails/texts even if you are using one Roblock enabled phone to find another).

My suggestions: make sure your GPS is set for location assist and not only to E911, set up an email (I hid mine) dedicated to the phone and expect to use email to locate it. Overall pretty slick

Later
    11-07-09 05:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD