The Garmin on my Storm wouldn't work while out of the Verizon network. Why is this? The Garmin uses the BB Maps. So then, why does the Garmin have to stay connected to the Verizon network with a data package if it's using BB maps that are already on the Storm? Me is cun-fuz'd here? Does anyone have any solutions for this?
    Last edited by JaysonStorm; 03-23-09 at 07:27 PM.
    03-23-09 05:27 PM
    umm I dont have a Storm, but BB maps on the Curve and Pearl requires downloading maps. So if you have no data connection, you wont have any maps since there not in memory. This is based on an assumption that BBmaps functions the same on all BB's
    03-27-09 01:44 AM
    Just out of curiosity is there anyway to download the maps and store them on the device to speed navigation up and not having to wait for it to download all the time?
    03-27-09 08:58 AM
    Just out of curiosity is there anyway to download the maps and store them on the device to speed navigation up and not having to wait for it to download all the time?
    Actually, I thought that they were already downloaded onto this phone. Apparently not. But I'm a Rookie with this phone and any BB, . . . so I wouldn't know about downloading maps to it. Any ideas about this out there?
    03-27-09 11:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD