my google maps gps jumps every 4-5 sec and is accurate to maybe 800-1200 m :S
    Your accuracy suggests you are using tower triangulation, not GPS. Check the GPS is actually ON and make sure you have an unobstructed view of as much sky as possible.
    03-25-09 06:59 PM
    I have Google Maps ver 3.0.2.

in option > advance option > GPS :
    I have GPS services to ON
    Location Aiding to Enabled.

Anything else I'm missing, like another user mentioned my location jumps every 4-5 seconds while at my home, and at work its off by several blocks, it actually shows that I am right on the highway.

My BB maps shows where I am but Google MAps i off, I want to use Google Maps.
    03-25-09 07:08 PM
    My gps is very accurate as well. It was able to pinpoint on my house while I was sitting in my living room

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-25-09 07:09 PM
    my google maps sucked, i found bb maps work way better, even poynt a 3rd party app works better them my google maps app
    03-25-09 10:14 PM
    My storm pinpointed me INSIDE thw mall of america(3rd floor with view of skylights). I have heard the storm suffers from something of a pebkac error, though.

03-25-09 10:54 PM
    wow I'm using Google Maps with everything set to allow, and GPS on and have a 2400 radius... I feel so left out
    03-26-09 12:13 AM
    I too have this problem its always like 2400 or 1200, I do not think I got better then 1000. I am envious of these 3-4 meter accuracy rates. I wonder what the deal is, maybe location?
    03-26-09 01:10 AM
    wow I'm using Google Maps with everything set to allow, and GPS on and have a 2400 radius... I feel so left out
    I too have this problem its always like 2400 or 1200, I do not think I got better then 1000. I am envious of these 3-4 meter accuracy rates. I wonder what the deal is, maybe location?
    Make sure you're running version 3.0.2 it works great on my storm. I'm within 3 meters most of the time. Its also more accurate on my storm vs my 6800. The Storm will grab usually 3 to 4 more sats than the 6800 does.
    03-26-09 01:14 AM
    Make sure you're running version 3.0.2 it works great on my storm. I'm within 3 meters most of the time. Its also more accurate on my storm vs my 6800. The Storm will grab usually 3 to 4 more sats than the 6800 does.
    Yea I checked and I'm running the right version, its just weird considering how well the bb maps work for me.

Ps. Its kind of pathetic that I got the urge at 6 am to roll over and check the forums

03-26-09 04:55 AM
    Your accuracy suggests you are using tower triangulation, not GPS. Check the GPS is actually ON and make sure you have an unobstructed view of as much sky as possible.
    I'm pretty sure you're right, but I've enabled all the GPS options I can find, location aiding is on, running 3.02. BBmaps is accurate, using the GPS. I'm just not sure why i cant get google maps to do the same

I have Google Maps ver 3.0.2.

in option > advance option > GPS :
    I have GPS services to ON
    Location Aiding to Enabled.

Anything else I'm missing, like another user mentioned my location jumps every 4-5 seconds while at my home, and at work its off by several blocks, it actually shows that I am right on the highway.

My BB maps shows where I am but Google MAps i off, I want to use Google Maps.
    I feel your pain man

EDIT: So apparently, it's just a case of Canada getting completely overlooked and face****ed over another stupid little issue.

found this

How can I get Google maps GPS to work on the BB Storm (9530) for Telus Mobility in Canada - Google Mobile Help

which led to this:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f134/st...-telus-148687/

USE AT OWN RISK

I'm not sure if I want to be ******* around with hex editors just to pick up the slack that Google dropped after they fixed VSW 's gps issue but never bothered with Telus or Bell. Damnit Google...you used to be cool
    Last edited by kinggeoff; 03-26-09 at 08:03 AM.
    03-26-09 07:45 AM
    i hit the gps on mine with the 3.0.2 google maps the other day, and not only did it lock on and find me, but it showed me what room of my house i was sitting in
    03-26-09 09:35 AM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD