Here we go:

A few weeks ago I aquired a Vodafone branded unlocked Storm that was running OS V.078. One of the first things I did was test the GPS. It didn't work. Google Maps used the tower triangluation, but when it came to the GPS it said that it was waiting and then ultimately failed. I went to advanced options, GPS, and made sure it was enabled and matched my working unlocked Verizon Storm. Still no go.

GPS was put on hold and recently revisited. We upgraded the OS to V .141 recently released in Australia I think, but still no go. We even went as far as attempting to install the latest Verizon OS v.148. We wont't go there, needless to say it did not work.

Other things done were that we tried to type "test" in the Status screen to get into the devices self diag. The diag runs if you test other aspects of the phone, but once you try and test the GPS it freezes (I was able to reproduce this freezing on my Storm as well). A battery pull is the only thing that will get rid of it. We have tried Google Maps, BB Maps (the app list shows it is installed , but the icon is NOWHERE to be found... even checked hidden.) and a GPS app called Nav4all. Everything has not resurected our lifeless GPS. If there are any fellow BB addicts that have any pearls of wisdom, ideas, suggestions, whispers in dark corners, spider sence, goose bumps, spine tingle, epiphanies, or revalations, please let me know. I am at a loss.

Thank you in advance for any assistance offered.
    06-10-09 09:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD