So I finally called VZW and got some good prices to upgrade my phone and my wife's to BB's, not bad considering I am less than one year into my LG Dare. I have until Sunday to decide which one to get for myself.

My wife is set on the Curve cause she is not what you would call "touch screen friendly" and she likes the that it comes in Pink.

I, on the other hand have until Sunday to make a decision on whether to go with a Storm or the Curve.

I have interviewed friends with the Storm who swear by it, but still swear at often enough to make me wonder. I also know that the Curve has been around long enough to know that it works.

I currently have the LG Dare touchscreen (LG's Dumbphone) and don't mind the touchscreen, just frequently get annoyed with software glitches.

Input appreciated. Anyone upgrade or downgrade ? and what do you think about the phones ???

THANKS
    08-13-09 10:20 AM
    I have a curve and swear by it. My girlfriend also had a Dare and just got rid of it in less than 3 months because of the touch screen. she also looked at both the Storm and the Curve and we both decided on the curves. easier to use and the storm also has several software glitches.
    08-13-09 10:39 AM
    I have two friends, one with a Curve and the other with a Storm. The friend with the Curve has had no problems to date with his phone. On the other hand, my friend with the Storm is forever pulling the battery to reset his phone, or complaining about the edges of the screen being unresponsive.

Hope that helps.
    08-13-09 10:50 AM
    I have both the storm I often struggle with the touch screen it does seem some what better with the software update.. And the curve is just the curve its bada@@ to me..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-13-09 11:48 AM
    Thanks for the few suggestions...right now everything is pointing towards the curve, just having a difficult time making a final decision. I've always considered myself a bit of a technology junkie, i just dont know if the patience will exist for the STORM !
    08-13-09 01:20 PM
    What are you going to primarily use it for? Email/texting or web-browsing? Software problems aside, the difference between a touch screen and a keypad is huge. If you don't see yourself typing a lot, then the Storm might work for you. If you're going to be sending lots of emails/texts, then you should probably go with the Curve.
    08-13-09 01:31 PM
    I tried a Storm for a few weeks...I liked it, but it did have some quirks which drove me crazy. I know a lot of ppl who have the Storm and love it, but do get frustrated with it. So I guess it depends if you can overlook a few issues. If you can, you'd be fine. If that kind of thing will grate on your nerves, I'd get the Curve or Tour (whichever you prefer)
    08-13-09 02:09 PM
    I do a lot of texting and web. Usually facebook and sports pages. Some other applications i will be using once i enter the BB world....Just a hard decision
    08-13-09 02:11 PM
    ^^^I loved how big the screen was on the Storm. a few things I didnt care for was hitting the wrong keys with the keyboard (especially cause I'm not always a fan of suretype...altho now I use a flip).

Honestly, I think if you got the Storm, you'd like it, but again...it does have its quirks. For me, what made me return it was the battery life and then I started experiencing the memory leaks. Plus, I noticed I never really got good at texting on it.
    08-13-09 02:14 PM
    I have the Curve and I love it! I tired the Storm but I did not like the touch screen.
    08-13-09 02:15 PM
    The more negative i read...the more i want to go get a Curve !! What a disaster I am with this
    08-13-09 03:10 PM
    and you dont like the Tour? Or are they offering you some other option and you basically choose between Storm and Curve?

The Curve is a really good solid phone. When I had one, I really liked it. Of all the BB's I've ever used, I really find the Curve to be kind of like "old faithful"
    08-13-09 03:24 PM
    The tour deal is not realistic in cost for me right now, they are givin me one year sale prices with a $100 mail in rebate. Plus I have seen people on their fourth & fifth tour, scary ! I'm thinking old faithful is going to be the way !! Verizon lady will be calling on Sunday !! Unless someone wants to change my mind.
    08-14-09 08:34 PM
    I have the Curve and love it...my husband has the Storm and I think it's VERY entertaining listening to him cuss at it
    08-14-09 08:50 PM
    the curve overall it's way more dependable!!
    08-14-09 08:56 PM
    my blackberry history.

Curve > Storm > Curve > Javelin > Bold

that should tell you something.
    08-14-09 09:16 PM
    To all who answered and gave their thoughts, I will enter the BB world sometime tuesday afternoon. Ordered a pair of Curves (one in pink for my mrs) and one for me. Can't wait for them to get here.....Thanks to all
    08-17-09 02:19 AM
    Congrats man, you'll like any BB!
    08-17-09 02:24 AM
    I own a 8900 and I used my friends storm for him (he was heavily intoxicated) last night to text people back and call people and things. That phone pissed me off just in that short period of time that I used it. The screen is beautiful though I must say its just the touch screen pissed me off and I used to be an iphone owner. I will say that I have friends that live and die by their storms.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-17-09 02:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD