i am in the 30 day trial period and am wondering if i should keep the storm or get the curve. i like the size of the curve and the full keyboard,but was wondering if i would be getting less features with the curve.opinions please
    01-06-09 01:05 PM
    The Curve is a lovely little device, very easy to use, typing is simple. The Storm is a more complicated device, also wonderful. You definitely get more features with the Storm. I just went from an 8310 and was very sad to shut it down. Enjoying the Storm immensely and I'm having absolutely no problems with it, but there's definitely a learning curve. Also, going on these forums and seeing other people's problems with the Storm makes me a little nervous! To each his own, whichever device feels better to you...
    01-06-09 01:50 PM
    I recently made the switch from curve to storm. Must admit I had trouble leaving my curve. Curve does everything right. Only thing with curve for me , were the memory leaks it suffered from which caused frequent battery pulls. Still, curve is a great phone. But now that I'm use to my storm, I could never go back. Just technilogicaly superior phone. Curve a better texting emailing devise. Storm takes time to get use to surepress. Also with .85, storm runs almost flawless for me with that upgrade. Besides , if u are thinking about a physical keyboard berry, why not wait for 8900 curve 2. Or Bold of course.
    01-06-09 01:51 PM
    I would get the Curve only because I have heard so many negative comments about the Storm. The Storm is brand new and still has many issues. With the Curve you know you will get reliability. But choose what is best for you! But my vote is for the CURVE!!!
    01-06-09 03:37 PM
    I suggest you chose the third, most reasonable option "C" and go for the Bold. You won't regret it.
    01-06-09 03:48 PM
    It really all depends, I've been to the VZW store about 3 times to play with it and I just didn't like the texting or the phone in general. That's just me..I don't feel I should have to buy a phone and get "accustom" to it to enjoy it...When I picked up the Curve I liked it from the start.
    01-06-09 04:22 PM
    The storm seemed really slow when I tried it out at the Verizon store. There was a definite lag to the phone but it was a demo that was probably used and abused. Typing on the storm took me about thirty seconds to get used too. Very phone to type on at least for me anyways.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-06-09 06:32 PM
    Get a CURVE
    01-06-09 06:41 PM
    I've had the curve for a year. Recently had the storm for a month. IMO the curve is much smoother, more reliable, longer battery life, easier typing, and with opera mini I say just as good browsing. The thing I liked on the storm was the 3g which allowed me to surf the web while chatting on the phone. All in all I missed my curve terribly and went crawling back to it. It took me back with open arms.hope this helps.

01-06-09 06:49 PM
    I've used the Storm, the HTC Touch, and I now am trying out the Samsung Delve. For me...I still love my Curve the most.

The storm is a really cool device, but I think it just really depends on how much you text/email. For me, the touch screen slows me down a bit.

I personally am waiting for the 8900 to come out, just because I already love my curve and would like the fresher version.

If you like the Storm, keep it. But I also think you need to look at which one is more functional for your own needs. They both have their own benefits.
    01-06-09 08:00 PM
    I adore my curve. I'd only ever swap it for a Curve 2 or the Bold. The form-factor is perfect for me and the only keyboard I've loved more was on my old 8700c. But my Curve is perfect for me. What features do you want/need most? Those should be the deciding factor.

01-06-09 09:40 PM
    I think it's all a matter of personal opinion. I absolutely love my Storm. It's my first smartphone. Learning curve was minimal. I've had a couple of issues and I'm on my second one. The torx fix worked like a charm on my second one. I could live with THIS phone for two years; I could not live WITHOUT a smartphone at this point. I'm hooked. CRACKberry.
    01-06-09 09:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD