If I don't really have a use for the Wifi, i.e. I have to rely on the network for internet, should I go with a Storm on Verizon or a Bold on At&T? BTW I live and will use the phone in Oregon (Eugene).
    08-09-09 02:54 AM
    Wow, 2 different phones. What about networks. Which has the best service in your area? Anyway, if you don't have an over powering urge for a touch screen, I probably would go with the Bold.
    08-09-09 03:51 AM
    For me I prefer the Storm.
    Me too, although the Bold does offer the best hardware keyboard (size is a factor for me, I can't stand the small keys of the Tour)
    08-09-09 08:35 AM
    I would go with the tour. Great device. As for att ,they don't have near the coverage area as verizon. But I guess if they have signal by you ,then that's your choice. I personally prefer the tour tour on verizon. Nuthing better in my humble opinion.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-09-09 08:37 AM
    I would go with the tour. Great device. As for att ,they don't have near the coverage area as verizon. But I guess if they have signal by you ,then that's your choice. I personally prefer the tour tour on verizon. Nuthing better in my humble opinion.

Well, IMO, there is something much better on Verizon, the Storm. LOL.
    But the poster was asking about the Bold and the Storm. Very easy for me to say the Storm because I love it, but the Storm and Bold are 2 different phones. A touch and a keyboard. Unfortunately, the Tour, IMO, doesn't compare to the Bold. If the OP doesn't have a desire for a touch screen, the Bold is probably what he should be looking at, not a downgrade to a Tour.
    08-09-09 08:44 AM
    You honestly think the storm is better than the tour ? Wow gimme some of what your smoking! As for the tour being a downgrade,you better check the specs again,def not a downgrade. But to each his own I guess. I was just giving my opinion. Bold I on att,that is a negitive right there. And I had a storm ,what a basket case of a phone. Nuttin but trouBles,mine was anyhow. Had the tour since launch,couldn't be happier with it. Not a single problem. No random re boots, people can hear me great when I am talking to them,so on nso on. Just my opinion,tae what you want out of it.

08-09-09 08:58 AM
    I will go for a Bold although I have a Storm....

08-09-09 09:43 AM
    I had a bold before switching over to Verizon, and I have to say that the Bold was the best overall phone that I have ever used. I like the storm but the Bold had worked out almost 100% of the os bugs. The camera is not very good on the bold but other than that it was great.

08-09-09 10:56 AM
    Depends on the coverage of the carriers if both have just the same then do you prefer a physical keyboard or a touch screen. Personally I like the storm because of the screen size and the main selling point the click.

08-09-09 11:07 AM
    Throwing my two cents. If u switch to Att might as well get the IPhone. There's no better phone there. If u stick to VZW then its the Storm. Best dang phone out in vzw armory. Its still the top selling smart phone. U can get any OS on CB. Its a dam good phone.

08-09-09 11:15 AM
    Verizon has the best coverage, not necessarily the fastest, but for that alone, Verizon all the way. With that being said, I am not impressed with either the Bold or the Tour in regards to overall appearance, they may perform a little quicker than the Storm, however, the size of the screen on the Storm seals the deal. Once you have a Storm and look at all those little screens, they just seem cheap, regardless of capabilities. WiFi is a waste on a cell phone as long as you are in 3g coverage. I would completely recommend the Storm, especially with the latest 151 official OS through a Mexican carrier. The phone has made drastic improvements, and we can expect more, even as the Storm 2 will come out. I am positive we will get a 5.0 os when the Storm 2 is released, which I am guessing will also have significant improvements. It has taken a while, but this device is getting much better. Storm all the way!
    08-09-09 11:21 AM
    OS 5.0.0.140 is nice few bugs but that's expected I wouldn't down grade to 4.7 just seems outa place. Do I miss some apps of course. I downgraded to 4.7 for app world just so I can get wb elite not even knowing if wb elite would work with 5.0 it does.

08-09-09 11:28 AM
    Get the Bold even if you don't need WiFi. It performs better than the Storm.

08-09-09 01:12 PM
    I agree with the iPhone guy. I love Verizon and will never switch because they are so reliable... but if I had good ATT coverage in my area, and was considering ATT... I would be looking at the iPhone over the Bold. However, if the Bold was on Verizon... then it would be a tough decision between that and the Storm.

ATT = iPhone.
    Verizon = Storm.
    08-09-09 02:49 PM
    I own a Storm but that is currently with RIM to see if they can fix the issues with it with my service provider. I currently have a bold on lend and i have to admit i prefer the Bold. Its a lot more stable for a start and easier to navigate and the battery lasts longer then one day

i hope RIM loose my storm LOL.. but then again StormII is just around the corner.. hopefully that will be a lot better
    Last edited by KBV1; 10-29-09 at 03:07 PM.
    08-09-09 02:53 PM
    Well imo, I personally recommend the storm. I have had no problems with the phone since I got it about 6 months ago. RIM has really ironed out a lot of the os issues that plagued the storm initially. For me, its all about the network. You can't beat the coverage area. Also as a bonus the storm has one of the most beautiful displays on the market. Os .151 is absolutely amazing with its memory management so imo Verizon and its storm is win win!

08-09-09 11:27 PM
    I can't comment on the Carriers, but I have used a Bold, and am currently using a Storm. They are both really completely different divices aimed at a different market.

The Bold is a great device, I don't think anyone will really argue that. It is fast, and easy to type on, stable, and has a good screen.

The Storm wasn't the most the most stable device going, but is getting much better. With .151 on mine now, I have very few problems, no more then with any other BB I've had.

The reason I'm sticking with the Storm is for the screen size. After using it, it really is hard to go back to a smaller screen!! It has a great display for watching movies, looking at pictures ect. Typing on it can be a pain, but it is something you get use to after a while.

Go to a store and try them both out and see what you think you would prefer to have.
    08-10-09 11:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD