I guess that's what they're going to do since Verizon is about to EOL the Storm2. I guess I'll get a refreshed Storm 2 unlocked until the next version comes out. Need to replace my Touch Pro2.
    07-26-10 09:09 PM
    If someone were to buy a S2 now and has to be replaced in oh, 3 months, would the EOL cause a replacement to be a refresh? Maybe this is why the S2 is still 150 bucks.

Hmmm
    07-27-10 10:09 AM
    If someone were to buy a S2 now and has to be replaced in oh, 3 months, would the EOL cause a replacement to be a refresh? Maybe this is why the S2 is still 150 bucks.

Hmmm
    Very unlikely.
    07-27-10 11:27 AM

Hmmm
    Very unlikely.
    EXTREMELY unlikely. Has anyone with a bold, pearl, or curve gotten the upgraded model the next year? They've essentially been refreshing those models for how many years? Sucks, but them's the breaks, kid.
    07-27-10 11:40 AM
    so no chance of a situation like happened with the tours being replaced by bolds? basically the bold was just a refresh of the tour. for those who have had problems with the s2 and have had replacements maybe one can work somewhat with cust serv and get a refresh when it comes out
    07-27-10 11:43 AM
    Somethings not right w the price of the S2. 150 bucks? The Bold is now 100 bucks and both BOGO.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-27-10 01:00 PM
    NEWS FLASH:
    Telus has removed the Storm 2 from their BlackBerry lineup as well.
    It looks like a possibility that some new (maybe touchscreen) BlackBerry device is coming down the pike. If it's the 9800 I'll be okay with that but I won't buy it. I want an all new touchscreen only.
    An S2 refresh? Oh puuuuhhhhleeeaaasssse! Someone say it ain't so! I'm still finding it hard to believe. (The slide photo still looks like a bad April fools joke to me. It's gotta be a hoax.) I'm not gonna waste my contract upgrade on that...
    EDIT: They removed the S2 from their website.
    Last edited by Bobcat665; 08-01-10 at 05:09 PM.
    07-31-10 07:18 PM
    I walked into 4 different Telus stores today, saw Storm 2's in stock in all of them for $199 w/ 3 yr contract... Are they nuts?
    07-31-10 08:35 PM
    Lol to this! I don't know what to believe anymore ! If the S3 is just a ridiculous "refresh" with same processor, screen, and everything else BlackBerry offers; who is thinking about boycotting the device?
    ... Me for one.

... Or, just perhaps... We'll all be blown away with what comes out!
    I'd like to think so... Maybe...

08-04-10 06:28 AM
    I am growing tired of the way RIM lags with real hardware updates. I am still on the storm 1 (the iphone killer) at first I thought it was great but then all the issues low memory, screen issues, ect. ect. then they come out with the storm 2 a little better but not worth buying just to have. so I said I will wait till my 2yr verizon is up and hope the storm 3 the next billed iphone replacement comes out. Then all the rumors the 3 may just be a storm 2 (refresh) upgraded with minor changes and OS6 not worth killing a plan upgrade and locked in another 1 or even 2 yr contract. So I am chosing to wait for the storm4 if these other rumors turn out true but the storm 4 had better be the most techno item with the top hardware and software or its bye bye Heinz and Hello Miracle Whip(andriod) or Helmans(iphone) or maybe worse I'll go back to just a basic simple phone saving $$$ on data plans since I have it on 3 BB now! thats alot of pocket change for a new laptop well al I can do at this point is wait with anticipation!!!!!!
    08-04-10 05:10 PM
    i dont see why people are so off the storm 2..truthfully the storm 2 is a great phone that is user friendly and much better than the original storm, a refresh storm 2 is a smart move and ok with me and i would definitely purchase it..people are never satisfied
    08-05-10 12:38 AM
    I am growing tired of the way RIM lags with real hardware updates. I am still on the storm 1 (the iphone killer) at first I thought it was great but then all the issues low memory, screen issues, ect. ect. then they come out with the storm 2 a little better but not worth buying just to have. so I said I will wait till my 2yr verizon is up and hope the storm 3 the next billed iphone replacement comes out. Then all the rumors the 3 may just be a storm 2 (refresh) upgraded with minor changes and OS6 not worth killing a plan upgrade and locked in another 1 or even 2 yr contract. So I am chosing to wait for the storm4 if these other rumors turn out true but the storm 4 had better be the most techno item with the top hardware and software or its bye bye Heinz and Hello Miracle Whip(andriod) or Helmans(iphone) or maybe worse I'll go back to just a basic simple phone saving $$$ on data plans since I have it on 3 BB now! thats alot of pocket change for a new laptop well al I can do at this point is wait with anticipation!!!!!!
    id suggest you jump over to the android platform since you are on verizon. rim isnt going to do anything revolutionary any time soon.

pt and case: 9800.

lol, sorry, but gotta point this out. wouldnt it be nice if vzn just let you use your storm and other 2BB without data after your 2 yr contract? sad, you cant even use your phone how you want to without vzn charging you data fees even though you filled out your contractual obligations. all those nay sayers that claim that BB are useless without data do not understand how expensive it can be paying for data for multiple lines per month and over the length of your 2yr contract (and longer too, which is sort of your case), making data unnecessary in some cases
    08-05-10 04:08 AM
    Lol to this! I don't know what to believe anymore ! If the S3 is just a ridiculous "refresh" with same processor, screen, and everything else BlackBerry offers; who is thinking about boycotting the device?
    ... Me for one.

... Or, just perhaps... We'll all be blown away with what comes out!
    I'd like to think so... Maybe...

im sure many ppl are still going to stand behind that device and blindly defend it.

not me tho. HA!
    08-05-10 04:11 AM
    so no chance of a situation like happened with the tours being replaced by bolds? basically the bold was just a refresh of the tour. for those who have had problems with the s2 and have had replacements maybe one can work somewhat with cust serv and get a refresh when it comes out
    The only reason they did that was because they had run out of Tours for some reason. As far as I know they are giving people Tours again.
    Last edited by loki993; 08-05-10 at 03:16 PM.
    08-05-10 02:55 PM
    I think Verizon would advertise the daylights out of the next new Droid, no matter what specs it had. ie, if it were a "cheap" model with a slow processor and no outstanding features.
    They hardly advertised the Eris, Devour, or Ally. Verizon puts their weight behind what they believe will sell. They did so with the original Storm, with the LG enV and Chocolate series, despite how unimpressive they might have been. Let us be honest. As much as we might like our Blackberry devices, they are behind the times in hardware and software. Yes, they still have a faithful core (corporate market); yes, they arguably handle e-mail better than anyone else; yes, BBM is probably the best messaging program ever designed, but in the end it's all about perception. Marketing is creating, manipulating, and/or changing perception. Large (touch) screens, fast processors, and apps (in all shapes, sizes, and colors) is the current marketing push. We might not individually or collectively care about these things, but it is important to note that what it took RIM a decade to achieve in market share in the U.S., Apple did with one phone on one carrier in one shot and nothing (not even antenna-gate) seems to be slowing them down. As to Android, they are the new kid on the block and people are excited by and about everything Android, which might or might not cool down. VZW knows this. They would be stupid to ignore this fact, especially since they didn't (at the time the Droid was released) have a killer device and AT&T (with the iPhone) was signing them up faster than their severs could handle. VZW needed something. Android (at least the Droid) was it. If/when RIM delivers something truly awe-inspiring I am sure VZW will put their marketing muscle behind it.
    Last edited by misterSelf; 08-06-10 at 12:22 AM.
    08-05-10 04:04 PM
    Is the "refresh" going to have surepress? I remember reading somewhere in these forums that the reason for surepress was because Os 4.7 and above required a physical press, and since 6.0 does not, what's with the refresh

08-05-10 05:41 PM
    i think the ruomur is that the s3 will have a "upgraded" version of surepress,
    08-05-10 11:26 PM
    Yeah the storms are going to keep surepress.

08-06-10 01:20 AM
    Thing is, about the S3/S4 that the hardware/software can keep up with the trend (high paper specs) in order to be pushed.

What would bother me though is if the S3/S4 is as thick as the Torch 9800...
    08-06-10 01:48 AM
    if they're packing a 1gb memory and 1ghz processor then i wouldb't mind it being a little chunky
    08-06-10 04:28 AM
    I HOPE it is no thicker than the S1/S2... heck, keep the same size for accessory compatibility.
    08-06-10 05:00 AM
    well the ruomur being that it'll use the S2 shell so we'll just have to see if those rumours come true.

we need new leaks on it lol
    08-06-10 05:42 AM
    I HOPE it is no thicker than the S1/S2... heck, keep the same size for accessory compatibility.
    S2 wasn't compatible with the S1 accessories
    Why would S3 be?

Also didn't the little bit of rumor we had on the Storm 3 say it was thin. Like 3Gs thin?

08-06-10 06:58 AM
98 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD