Here's a C/P from another forum on the Storm 3 release. I personally don't care much for the anticipated Storm 3 and its specs, only because I will be jumping ship to a Droid x or the Droid Pro by the end of the year.

It�s been some time since our buddy Salomondrin posted a BlackBerry leak but he�s back with some very exciting info about RIM�s upcoming Storm 3! Here are the specs for the device so far according to Sal�s sources:

Its being tested by a very limited team (preventing leaks). The phone�s shell is still the Storm 2�s shell with different guts though (To make it hard to identify if the phone is lost or photographed). It does have a 1ghz processor. 8 GB internal memory. 512MB flash memory was what they saw first, but apparently they are now playing with these test phones and have over 1GB of flash memory. It won�t run on OS 6.0. Its gonna be running on an OS of its own. <� Really exciting The phone does have the ability to run widgets and you can personalize it A LOT. 5 MP camera still on it as off now, but like we saw on the 9670, this can change. The screen will be something new we haven�t seen yet (new input mechanism) ,but it won�t work like the Storm 2. Yes, it will have SURE-PRESS, but I�m not sure how they are archiving it this time. Its gonna be Verizon�s 1st or 2nd LTE phone. They aren�t sure if the Android phone will be first or the Storm at this point. Earlier reports claimed that the Storm 3 would possibly launch by the end of this year but the way things are going, I�d have to say next year is more of a possibility especially if this device might have its own operating system. The Storm 3 definitely sounds awesome so I�ll see if I can find more info. Stay tuned!
    06-28-10 12:19 PM
    I hope this is true. That is what I call real innovation.
    06-28-10 12:33 PM
    I just added a new link to my FF personal toolbar, for the Rumors forum. I'm now starting to participate over there too! (basically, I'm whining about the possible dropping of SurePress which would be a deal breaker for me)
    06-28-10 12:42 PM
    lulz...soon...i think you need to look that word up in a dictionary
    06-28-10 01:10 PM
    I just added a new link to my FF personal toolbar, for the Rumors forum. I'm now starting to participate over there too! (basically, I'm whining about the possible dropping of SurePress which would be a deal breaker for me)
    You whine, Dave...NEVER!
    06-28-10 01:28 PM
    lulz...soon...i think you need to look that word up in a dictionary
    For those who don't have the time to make a couple of extra clicks:

soon 
    1.within a short period after this or that time, event, etc.: We shall know soon after he calls.
    2.before long; in the near future; at an early date: Let's leave soon.
    3.promptly or quickly: He came as soon as he could.
    4.readily or willingly: I would as soon walk as ride.
    5.early in a period of time; before the time specified is much advanced: soon at night; soon in the evening.
    6.Obsolete . immediately; at once; forthwith.

�Idioms
    7. sooner or later, eventually: Sooner or later his luck will run out.
    8. would sooner, to prefer to: I would sooner not go to their party.

Straight from Dictionary.com | Find the Meanings and Definitions of Words at Dictionary.com
    06-28-10 01:29 PM
    Helen Waite is in charge of the Storm 3 project. If you want a definite release date for the Storm 3, you can just go to Helen Waite.
    06-28-10 02:13 PM
    Sooner or Later. Or whenever it is, I want one!
    06-28-10 02:19 PM
    Helen Waite is in charge of the Storm 3 project. If you want a definite release date for the Storm 3, you can just go to Helen Waite.
    Made me laugh out loud
    06-28-10 02:26 PM
    It's coming out the same time as Duke Nukem Forever! Anyone remember that?

Duke Nukem Forever - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Moving thread to Rumored Devices

EDIT: Actually my guesstimate is early next year, like Feb, March, April time frame, BUT we shall see. REMEMBER if it IS an LTE device, probably, LTE will launch with broadband cards first and then phones will come later. And seeing how HTC already has an Android 4G phone might be easier for them to port a variant over to LTE than for RIM to enter fresh. And remember this IS RIM we are talking about.
    06-28-10 02:43 PM
    It's coming out the same time as Duke Nukem Forever! Anyone remember that?

Duke Nukem Forever - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Moving thread to Rumored Devices

EDIT: Actually my guesstimate is early next year, like Feb, March, April time frame, BUT we shall see. REMEMBER if it IS an LTE device, probably, LTE will launch with broadband cards first and then phones will come later. And seeing how HTC already has an Android 4G phone might be easier for them to port a variant over to LTE than for RIM to enter fresh. And remember this IS RIM we are talking about.

[In my best Marty McFly voice],"I can hang out. You can show me around."

I'm not due for upgrade til Jan 2011 anyways.
    06-28-10 02:53 PM
    For those who don't have the time to make a couple of extra clicks:

soon ... (cut)

�Idioms ... (cut)

Straight from Dictionary.com | Find the Meanings and Definitions of Words at Dictionary.com
    Uh, I think he meant "innovation"...

Scott
    06-28-10 03:11 PM
    i heard the S3 will have a widget that can fast foward time, cook your breakfast, and change the weather with the push of button. I am so getting this phone.
    06-28-10 03:25 PM
    i heard the S3 will have a widget that can fast foward time, cook your breakfast, and change the weather with the push of button. I am so getting this phone.
    Yep, I heard that too. Not only all that, but I've got it on good authority it won't have intrusive alerts, nor will you be prevented from making phone calls with it held in your left hand. Amazing, eh??
    06-28-10 03:30 PM
    06-28-10 03:47 PM
    Dave to RIM: I don't WANT a "lighter touch". I sometimes click something I only wanted to highlight, as is. (not often, but it happens). I feel the click response is sensitive enough on my S2. I don't want an S3 to emulate a damned jesus phone.
    06-28-10 03:53 PM
    Does everyone forget that S1 was the first device to run EvDo rev A? That is not as big as LTE but its not like LTE is new. The chips have been around a while now, and other countries are already on this standard. RIM has most likely been playing with it for some time.

VZW has been EXTREMELY aggressive with LTE and I don't expect that to stop when it comes to rolling out devices.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-28-10 03:58 PM
    Does everyone forget that S1 was the first device to run EvDo rev A?
    ah, I think that's incorrect...
    06-28-10 04:07 PM
    If it wasn't the first it was one of the first.

06-28-10 04:13 PM
    Hahaha, you are so funny... NOT...
    06-28-10 04:26 PM
    I like what we are hearing for the most part, but I don't think it is a good idea for the Storm to have a complwtely different OS. One of the great things about BB's is that you can pick up any one of them and be right at home. Also, having different OS's will almost certainly fragment the app situation further, which could really suck for the users and the developers. I hope that their different OS doesn't mean incompatible with the other models!

06-28-10 07:12 PM
    I'm not going to buy in to any rumors, regardless of who they're from. If/when the phone arrives, it arrives and until then, everything else is pure speculation until something official comes out. I do want to see an S3, so I hope that happens soon.

Meanwhile, I am intrigued by the Droid X. I had trouble finding any reliable specs on it but from what I was able to patch together, I suspect it will be very similar in size to my old, Dell X51V Axim PDA. It's dimensions are 2.9 in x 0.7 in x 4.7 in with a display size of just 3.7" (lots of big buttons on the bottom). When I hold this thing to my ear, as though it were a phone (what a concept, eh?), I'm pretty amazed at the size. Even with my big hands, it's clear this thing is big and I suspect its dimensions are reasonably close to the X.
    Last edited by EnergyPlus; 06-28-10 at 08:00 PM.
    06-28-10 07:36 PM
    ........and what's to say that RIM doesn't botch this OS liek they do with all their others. A completely separate OS for the S3. That sounds worse than using OS6 to me. At least with OS6, RIM is working on the same OS for all their product line. even with all their engineers working on a singular OS, they never get anything right.....just keep patching it like a leaky dam. Now, they plan on having a separate team working on an OS different from all the other RIM OSs......and we should hope/believe that they get it right? doubt it.

RIM does email well (although truncated)......and that's about it.
    06-29-10 12:07 PM
    Just another blog rehashing the latest Salomondrin post. Blackberry Storm 3 – Early Specs � Salomondrin

Nothing to see here, folks. Move along.
    06-29-10 01:21 PM
    Am looking forward to this phone`
    06-29-10 01:39 PM
84 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD