Ordering and returning sounds really dicey since no one knows for sure when it'll be released; if it's hardware you might be better off getting something used for a few months until new releases hit stores so you can save your upgrade.
    And I can sympathize about not wanting a droid, I had an issue a while back, and there was a brief moment where going Droid was being considered as a solution; once VZW realized I wasn't going to settle for anything less than keeping this device they fell all over themselves to get it resolved. Exceptional customer service.
    That might be a good idea too. Did you speak with Verizon over the phone or did you do this in person? Also, was your phone under warranty still?
    09-15-10 06:22 PM
    what i would like to see on the "storm 3" is a wider band range for 3G. much like that of the Bold2.
    09-16-10 12:00 PM
    That might be a good idea too. Did you speak with Verizon over the phone or did you do this in person? Also, was your phone under warranty still?
    Over the phone; and apparently still not resolved as I didn't get a notification about your post. Nothing wrong with the device itself, it's BIS-related and one of the reps I talked to had the thought that going droid would naturally fix that. I'm still under warranty if there was anything wrong with the device itself.
    09-16-10 12:43 PM
    what i would like to see on the "storm 3" is a wider band range for 3G. much like that of the Bold2.
    Could happen, but then again this is RIM we're talking about. If they giveth wider bands they taketh away something else.
    09-16-10 12:59 PM
    Bottom line is if I don't hear something concrete within a month it is Fascinate time. Yeah I like BB but RIM needs to ****e or get of the pot. It is clear I am not alone here...

New Verizon BlackBerry Storm 3: Android Temptation : Product Reviews Net
    09-19-10 09:54 AM
    I'm sorry, but I have to totally disagree with you...I believe the majority of Storm users LOVE SurePress and in reality it's wonderful. I just don't know how you can say it sucks; I guess to each his own. Why did the people you know purchase a Storm if they didn't like the fact the screen pressed down?
    S1 user here. Surepress certainly doesn't suck but how about giving us the option of "touch" AND "press"? The click click clicking of the surepress with your spouse next to you, trying to sleep , might get you in the doghouse quickly...ask me how I know!
    The Storm already has the ability with certain apps using it already. Give us the choice!
    09-22-10 09:23 AM
    Surepress is SO GREAT. Case in point - no other manufacturer has copied RIM's briliant new technique. It sucks. Try using it in a meeting at work and you'll get everyone's attention real quick. I won't touch any more RIM touchscreen devices that have it. I want the Torch on VZW!!
    09-22-10 09:28 AM
    I do love the click but definitely agree that there needs to be a toggle option. The click noise is definitely a problem in places where clicking is not appropiate!
    09-22-10 10:23 AM
    Surepress is SO GREAT. Case in point - no other manufacturer has copied RIM's briliant new technique. It sucks. Try using it in a meeting at work and you'll get everyone's attention real quick. I won't touch any more RIM touchscreen devices that have it. I want the Torch on VZW!!
    I do love the click but definitely agree that there needs to be a toggle option. The click noise is definitely a problem in places where clicking is not appropiate!
    Agreed....the current touch screen technology on the Storm is not business meeting friendly...too clicky. I want a traditional (read mainstream) capacitive touch screen like the iPhone, Torch, etc. Leave the complexity, weight and fragility of the additional moving parts of Surpress with the Storm2 and make the next device match the competition.

As long as RIM sticks with surepress the Storm will always weigh more and be thicker than the competition. While my Storm2 is worlds better than my Storm1...it is still not as good as an iPhone in terms of the screen responsiveness.
    09-22-10 11:20 AM
    I love surepress and wouldn't want a Storm without it... that being said, the option to turn it off in meetings would be a great idea! I'm a Storm1 user and have been using it since release day. I really could never figure out the negative press over it as I may have been lucky to not have any problems with it from day one. I never moved to Storm2 and think the refresh would be a great upgrade for me. The main problem I've had is running out of memory since I use several medical programs which seem to stay resident in memory permanently.

Responsiveness in the OS is desirable... however, the biggest necessity for me is also battery life. I played with the Droid, Droid2, Droid X, and the incredible (worst battery life...wow) and none could last as long as the storm. Plus I'm not a fan of touchscreen only devices. For me, I'm willing to tolerate a smaller screen and a slower processor speed for extended battery life (I'm content with my storm so I may have more tolerance concerning this than others).

Also, do we also know the pricing of LTE? My fear is Verizon will switch to tiered data pricing with LTE and I'm more than happy with my 1XEV/3G for what I need.

I think the Storm2.5 will be a logical and decent upgrade path for Storm1 owners like myself. OS6 looks more capable than OS5 and the increased memory will certainly help me. Will it be the next iphone or droid fighter? obviously not, but with RIM having so many phones out there to fill every single niche, why not just intro the Storm4 as a new line... maybe something more inline with the Playbook? That would seem more logical to me as it is reportedly not running OS6. Keep the Storm line with surepress for people who like it, such as myself and keep improving on the screen technology.
    09-29-10 03:13 PM
    The more I ponder the option to turn surepress on and off the more I wonder why they don't do it??!! The Storm1 has a mechanical button so that's a moot point, however, the Storm2 has piezoelectric actuated tech which could theoretically be turned off. DO IT, RIM! LOL...
    09-29-10 03:19 PM
161 ... 567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD