I finally had a chance to play with WiFi on my Storm 2 today. I found it to be quite a bit faster when browsing vs. EVDO. I live in a pretty strong EVDO area. I think WiFi is a nice addition.
    11-07-09 10:52 AM
    I also agree.
    11-07-09 11:31 AM
    It is ok , but its not how it should be, and its mainly because of the browser. They really need to revamp the browser ( like they are in 2010 ) to take advantage of it then , it should be awesome to have a wifi berry on that webkitz browser
    11-07-09 11:34 AM
    I finally had a chance to play with WiFi on my Storm 2 today. I found it to be quite a bit faster when browsing vs. EVDO. I live in a pretty strong EVDO area. I think WiFi is a nice addition.

really? out of all the videos i've seen of the storm2 using wifi it looks sooo slow. which makes me not want to get it.
    It looks as though its faster on my storm1. idk. it just seems that way..
    11-07-09 11:44 AM
    I havent even tried it yet! LOL I mean I just got the phone cause I wanted to upgrade to blackberry and I thought that was a nice choice. It seems to be working fine in browser mood.... I mean maybe I will try it sometime. lol
    11-07-09 11:47 AM
    It is ok , but its not how it should be, and its mainly because of the browser. They really need to revamp the browser ( like they are in 2010 ) to take advantage of it then , it should be awesome to have a wifi berry on that webkitz browser
    I think your right.

Let's hope that they bring out the Torch browser that people have been rumouring.....
    11-07-09 12:00 PM
    It connected right up to my home network on wep security!
    It didn't seem much faster than 3g in my area so I am trying the opera browser!
    11-07-09 12:05 PM
    really? out of all the videos i've seen of the storm2 using wifi it looks sooo slow. which makes me not want to get it.
    It looks as though its faster on my storm1. idk. it just seems that way..
    Are u under the assumption that all wifi is the same speed?? LOL!

I have a 16Mb/sec service from Comcast. I have a roughly 1Gb/sec wifi thru my MiFi. Others have DSL which is slower than cable. Some lucky folks have FiOs.
    11-07-09 12:08 PM
    I should have mentioned that this was on my home WiFi G router and connected to a 6 mb DSL connection. I'm going to install Opera mini and see what that's like over WiFi.
    11-07-09 12:25 PM
    YES!!!!! Opera 5 Beta!!! This thing is A LOT faster!
    11-07-09 12:28 PM
    It connected right up to my home network on wep security!
    It didn't seem much faster than 3g in my area so I am trying the opera browser!
    Opera is much faster.

I just find it really hard to get used too. I think if they changed it from the "one touch" click it would be a lot better. (just my opinion guys )
    11-07-09 12:57 PM
    I loaded up a BUNCH of stuff today!
    So now it's play time! HeHe!
    11-07-09 01:30 PM
    How is Bolt on wifi? I am excited to use the wifi on the Storm2, but I know that BB browser will barely take advantage of that. Everything else, though, like App World, Bolt, Opera, and other apps must be lightning fast, right?
    11-12-09 09:26 AM
    I've had no issues with the native browser and WiFi. Used it on a cross country flight right after I got it and it was awesome. It still takes like 30 seconds or so for it to connect to the BB servers, but it does the job nicely.

I don't use Bolt as the borwser screws up my keypad and types numbers instead of letters. I hate Opera as they had an EPIC FAIL in integrating the screen click. I'll wait for the new browser.
    11-12-09 09:29 AM
    I think wifi is faster for me too. Not by much but I do notice a difference.
    11-12-09 10:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD