Hi all, my 8830 is nearing the end of its two year contract and I am looking at upgrading to a more powerful phone with much more memory. Currently I am looking at the Storm 2 and Tour.

If you assume the virtual keyboard is not a concern, does anyone have an opinion as to which device is better than the other.

Thanks
    11-17-09 12:36 PM
    I havent had a chance to mess with the storm 2 but it looks nice and reliable. The tour is awesome and the keyboard is perfect. It depends on what you're using the phone for day in, day out. If you want alot of screen then get the storm 2 or if you like physical keyboards then go with tour. You can always mess with both of them in the store and decide which one you like.
    Last edited by hondateg91; 11-17-09 at 12:47 PM.
    11-17-09 12:44 PM
    I would say go with the storm 2. It has wifi and they fixed the screen. Also, the storm will have 3d graphics support.
    11-17-09 01:00 PM
    they are very similar phones specs-wise(sans the wi-fi). im assuming you arent a business user if you are having this debate with yourself, but if you were, i would go with the tour for the ease of typing. i just dont think anyone can be a "power-user" on a touchscreen. im sure someone will argue with me..
    11-17-09 01:09 PM
    I am a power user on the storm. I work in an email rich environment and write tons of emails on my storm. I'd like to upgrade in May. I am waiting to see what happens on the software front before I decide to stay with blackberry.
    11-17-09 01:15 PM
    The Tour would be an upgrade for you. The Storm would be a different device with very similar capabilities. I'd think that if you've had a 8830 for a while, the best would be a Tour
    11-17-09 01:17 PM
    Agree dcgore

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-17-09 02:26 PM
    If you are comming up on your 2 year mark then you will be able to try them both out. VZW offers the 30 day worry free return policy. So if you dont like either one you can return it and get something else.

Just make sure you try out the one you are less intrested in FIRST. You only get to return one phone so if you end up trying the Tour first and day I want to try the S2 and end up hating it your stuck with it.

Personally I would try the S2 first. I have one and love it but it isnt for everyone and if you dont like it your all set with the 30 day retuen.
    11-17-09 02:34 PM
    You may also consider waiting on the Tour2 (coming early to mid 2010), OR the coming VERY soon 8530.
    11-17-09 02:46 PM
    If keyboards are equal, I'd go with the Storm 2 just because of wifi. If you have a real preference for one keyboard over the other, the decision should be simple.
    11-17-09 05:43 PM
    Definitely go to your local store and spend some time typing on both devices. The S2 is the first touch screen BB I have owned and has turned out to be the fastest for typing. I also love the big screen. The Tour is an excellent device as well. It has a very nice qwerty keyboard and I think it is a very sleek looking phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-17-09 06:01 PM
    I agree in trying the storm2 first. Its something different and you may like it. If you don't then just swap it for the tour. I'm 99% positive you'll like the tour if you enjoyed your 8830.
    11-17-09 06:46 PM
    I had the Tour and now have the Storm 2. The Tour was a nice phone and would be a nice upgrade for you, however I had to get my Tour replaced due to trackball issues. The Storm 2 is awesome and a lot better than the first one, which I had that also. I would say the Storm 2.
    11-17-09 07:38 PM
    Due for an upgrade with verizon and currently have a Curve. Do I: 1 get the storm2, wait for the ne curve, or.........get the Droid?Please keep in mind I love my curve but....not sure what to do.
    11-17-09 07:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD