I'm currently using a curve 8330 and see almost no reason to buy a new BB since it is a great device... although with all the blackberry releases I'm definitely getting the itch for a new toy.

I am not a business user but do primarily use my BB for calendar/tasks, bbm, email, and texts. I don't have internet access at home so I'm not sure how useful wifi would be.

The storm 2 seems really cool for obvious reasons but I'm not sure I can deal with the touchscreen. The tour keyboard seems would take some getting used to also and I've heard a lot of negatives about the internet browser on it. Any suggesstions or just hold out for the Essex?
    11-06-09 11:24 AM
    Suggestion: go to the store and hold them, see what you like. But before that go to blackberry.com and compare the specs so you at least know what you're looking for.

Asking questions about your own personal preference is just going to result in a landslide of personal opinions from others which is completely irrelevant.
    11-06-09 11:37 AM
    I should have been more clear... I have compared specs and I've held the devices and I'm still not sure. Can't tell much by holding the device in store for 10-20 minutes.

I'm actually looking for personal opinions.
    11-06-09 11:44 AM
    i hear ya, i'm looking for the same thing. i know the specs and have played with tour & s2, but am still undecided...
    11-06-09 11:48 AM
    I'm currently using a curve 8330 and see almost no reason to buy a new BB since it is a great device... although with all the blackberry releases I'm definitely getting the itch for a new toy.

I am not a business user but do primarily use my BB for calendar/tasks, bbm, email, and texts. I don't have internet access at home so I'm not sure how useful wifi would be.

The storm 2 seems really cool for obvious reasons but I'm not sure I can deal with the touchscreen. The tour keyboard seems would take some getting used to also and I've heard a lot of negatives about the internet browser on it. Any suggesstions or just hold out for the Essex?
    The Tour is def the way to go. Im not a big fan of the S2 although the bigger screen is kind of nice. The browser still pretty much sucks and therefore it really has no advantage over the Tour to me. the Tour is pretty perfect, and frankly I don't see a reason to hold out for the Essex because (1) wifi doesn't make that big of a difference to me (and probably you) and (2) I prefer a trackball to the trackpad.
    11-06-09 11:55 AM
    part of the reason i dont like the S2 is that I'm not a fan of touchscreens (except for the iphone/itouch). I get annoyed pretty quickly when the phone doesn't do what I want to when i want it too, and I find touchscreen phones to be a little more unresponsive than qwertys, and its easier to make mistakes. I just get frustrated more easily on them that its never worth the advantage of having a bigger screen.
    11-06-09 11:58 AM
    When the curve 2 drops on the 20th, it will basically be the current tour with a different outer case and wifi and a different keyboard, plus a trackpad, so unless you're going to wait for the tour2 to drop and then compare (just in case the tour2 gets both mem and processor upgrades along with wifi and trackpad) I'd say go with the 8530, its definitely at least 2X the curve you have now plus it'll have a keyboard that is the same style as the one on your 8330... Cheers!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-06-09 03:22 PM
    When the curve 2 drops on the 20th, it will basically be the current tour with a different outer case and wifi and a different keyboard, plus a trackpad, so unless you're going to wait for the tour2 to drop and then compare (just in case the tour2 gets both mem and processor upgrades along with wifi and trackpad) I'd say go with the 8530, its definitely at least 2X the curve you have now plus it'll have a keyboard that is the same style as the one on your 8330... Cheers!

i disagree. the tour is better than the 8530, it has a much better keyboard and better camera. Besides it looks a lot nicer. Wifi isn't that big of a deal because its not much faster on blackberrys anyway.
    11-06-09 03:27 PM
    i disagree. the tour is better than the 8530, it has a much better keyboard and better camera. Besides it looks a lot nicer. Wifi isn't that big of a deal because its not much faster on blackberrys anyway.
    Have you read Kevin's review of the 8530 here on CB? He even compared the camera in the new curve to the 3.2MP camera like what's in the tour, there was no discernible difference in picture clarity, but there was richer color with the 8530, he even posted pics to illustrate it, SO, the camera is right out as a qualification. I never said the 8530 was pretty, but there are people out there who prefer the feel of the curve keyboard to the Tour's, and the OP here is apparently in love with their 8330, so perhaps they will appreciate the familiar feel of the 8530 vs the alien tactile experience provided by the Tour. And frankly since the 8530 and the 9630 have the same guts with the exception of the camera, I don't see how what you find more aesthetically pleasing constitutes making the Tour "better" overall...

11-06-09 03:48 PM
    Does the new curve have the same screen as the tour? Or is it the same as the 8330?

11-06-09 03:58 PM
    I have the Storm 1 and I like the fact that the screen is nice, everything is readable and clear. but....you have to keep your finger nails pretty short since the screen is heat activated to text or scroll. and it has this auto correct feature just in case you swiped next to the other letter next to the know your really meaning to hit but even then it does get annoying. you get used to it after awhile. but if you like and need the keyboard keys outside the touchscreen then the storm isn't going to be a good fit for you. it looks cool but even I miss my keyboard keys!
    11-06-09 04:46 PM
    Does the new curve have the same screen as the tour? Or is it the same as the 8330
    The 8530 has the same 320 X 240 screen that the 8330 has... But what some people forget about resolution is that the higher the screen res goes, the larger the overall displayed image but the smaller the constituent images are, presuming the same overall display dimensions... Adjust the res on your computer monitor and watch the images resize and the fonts get smaller, etc... So for some users, higher res may not be best, and some might prefer that their glasses be the only thing on their nose while they use their berry... I know, I know, the argument can be made that font sizes are adjustable but then that defeats the purpose of higher res...

11-06-09 04:58 PM
    Thanks for the input. Against my better judgement I bought a Storm2. I have had it for about 3 days or so and so far I really like it. Before it arrived my biggest concern was the keyboard. I think am willing to sacrifice the physical QWERTY keyboard for the extra screen real estate.

The keyboard has been surprisingly easy to get used to. I don't think I will ever be able to type quite as fast as I could on the curve, but again the clarity and size of the screen is worth that compromise. My only complaint so far (and not that big of a deal) is that the phone is pretty heavy.

I still have a few weeks to decide if I�m gonna keep the phone, but think I will. I�ll post back if I have any major issues and switch to the tour.
    11-12-09 02:42 PM
    Thanks for the input. Against my better judgement I bought a Storm2. I have had it for about 3 days or so and so far I really like it. Before it arrived my biggest concern was the keyboard. I think am willing to sacrifice the physical QWERTY keyboard for the extra screen real estate.

The keyboard has been surprisingly easy to get used to. I don't think I will ever be able to type quite as fast as I could on the curve, but again the clarity and size of the screen is worth that compromise. My only complaint so far (and not that big of a deal) is that the phone is pretty heavy.

I still have a few weeks to decide if I�m gonna keep the phone, but think I will. I�ll post back if I have any major issues and switch to the tour.
    I think you;ll like the s2. I switched from a Tour and i am really happy with it. for me the only thing with the s2 is that it vibrates to softly. but it is very loud, so i can't feel it but i can hear it when it vibrates.
    11-12-09 02:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD