So the latest rumor is that the Storm 2 will be coming to GSM, AT&T, Rogers with 3G to be exact BlackBerry 9550 is the Storm 2? : Boy Genius Report anyone else interested in getting this phone along with me?
    07-13-09 09:10 AM
    I might. Interesting in just having a touchscreen device that does everything my junky Bold does.
    07-13-09 09:12 AM
    Yeah, I might be interested in this device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-13-09 09:30 AM
    The funny thing is before seeing this article this morning i was actually looking around to purchase a cheap Storm to play around with on At&T even though i wouldn't have 3G. Now this just might make me hold off and wait to see what develops with this.
    07-13-09 09:46 AM
    i'm getting it i've been waiting for rogers to get the "sotrm"
    07-13-09 10:02 AM
    Seeing that this is confirmed via BGR....i'm definitely gonna wait till it comes to At&T! My contract has been over for a year now and it was definitely worth the wait. My Curve 8300 held it's ground for the longest time, now it's time to move on!! Bring it on!!!
    07-13-09 10:26 AM
    The first time the Storm was mentioned for CDMA, there was mention of one to GSM. This is just that. There is also a CDMA Storm 2.
    07-13-09 10:32 AM
    The funny thing is before seeing this article this morning i was actually looking around to purchase a cheap Storm to play around with on At&T even though i wouldn't have 3G. Now this just might make me hold off and wait to see what develops with this.
    This is my plan, now I am not sure anymore.
    07-13-09 11:19 AM
    The first time the Storm was mentioned for CDMA, there was mention of one to GSM. This is just that. There is also a CDMA Storm 2.
    So, Storm 2 for Verizon and Storm 1 to add GSM and be available from AT&T?
    07-13-09 11:44 AM
    Hate to say it, but I'll believe it when I see it. I'm currently thinking about ditching Rogers for Bell just to get the Storm2. I'm not going to hang around waiting for months dues to unsubstantiated rumours (no matter how good the source)... again!
    07-13-09 12:20 PM
    In another thread radiogunea essentially confirmed that T-Mo would get a GSM touchscreen device this year that would have the Storm 2 form factor. So at the very least there will be a GSM version of what we are calling the Storm 2.

07-13-09 04:45 PM
    So, Storm 2 for Verizon and Storm 1 to add GSM and be available from AT&T?
    No the article even states the 9520 is based on the new form factor of the Storm.
    07-13-09 05:51 PM
    nope, not interested anymore. I'm still bitter from the storm 1 (friend has it and his is a pos) and by the time its out the rumored "magnum" will be further long and I'll use my hardware upgrade to get the newest bb flagship instead of a sequel to a dissapointment.
    07-13-09 06:54 PM
    nope, not interested anymore. I'm still bitter from the storm 1 (friend has it and his is a pos) and by the time its out the rumored "magnum" will be further long and I'll use my hardware upgrade to get the newest bb flagship instead of a sequel to a dissapointment.
    I hear ya on that. Hopefully the Storm 2 is much better. I already have my touchscreen device so I'll still be sticking with my Bold BB wise.

07-14-09 12:11 PM
    Problem is that no matter what BGR or the "insiders" say, ultimately its the carriers that decide IF and WHEN it is released.

Been waiting a while myself and like Robot_Goundhog I was going to ditch Rogers for the S2 now that my contract is up. Hopefully this info is accurate and we won't have to wait too long.

Anxious for an official release date!
    07-14-09 01:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD