I was browsing through Crackberry and I read the post saying that I should free a lot of space on my device before I install the 10.2.1 update (which I haven't received yet but I'm just getting ready) because it doesn't show the usual warming message. So I went to the Storage and Access section in settings and checked my device storage, and I was shocked. I had only 0.9 gigabytes free. But that's not really the thing that surprised me, it's that 15 gigabytes of my space was taken up by 'other data'.

I have already noticed foe a while that my 'other' space had been quite large, but I had always thought that that was the space for apps and games (which, ridiculously, is not included in the breakdown). I know for a fact that I do not have 15 gigs of apps and games because I deleted most of them since they were all pretty terrible.

So what's taking up my space? How can I delete it? And I really want to try to avoid doing a security wipe of my device just to install an update. Any suggestions?

Posted via CB10
    01-29-14 09:38 PM
    Oh lord another other data thread...

Other data is your OS, the OS settings, your apps, app settings, saved app files/data/savegames (that includes HUB messages and attachments of all sorts, contacts, calendar appointments, etc) and any other file the OS does not associate with an app.

It's that simple and you shouldn't be too concerned. Start by deleting games.
    01-29-14 09:54 PM
    I've had OS bugs where it self bloated and filled an entire device - with no apps installed.

Ymmv

Posted via CB from my LE
    01-29-14 10:43 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=893782

I had the same problem, I made this thread. Hope it helps.

Posted via My Awesome Z10
    01-29-14 11:42 PM
    I done a security while restored all apps and data and 10 gig was clear.????

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.1925
    01-30-14 12:53 AM
    If thou can't be bothered by another "other data thread" I ask you to use your powers as an ambassador to request a sticky thread for those of us who still have the problem
    Oh lord another other data thread...

Other data is your OS, the OS settings, your apps, app settings, saved app files/data/savegames (that includes HUB messages and attachments of all sorts, contacts, calendar appointments, etc) and any other file the OS does not associate with an app.

It's that simple and you shouldn't be too concerned. Start by deleting games.
    Last edited by cubsncards; 02-06-14 at 09:23 PM. Reason: grammar
    02-06-14 09:22 PM