Why does RIM keep making a new phone that's basically the older version of but with more memory or a slightly faster processor. Does anybody wish that they would take their time and make each new phone a real difference from the older one

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-03-10 04:21 PM
    If you want to send suggestions to RIM, this is the contact to use for your concerns: [email protected] .
    10-03-10 04:32 PM
    Why does RIM keep making a new phone that's basically the older version of but with more memory or a slightly faster processor. Does anybody wish that they would take their time and make each new phone a real difference from the older one

How are they wasting money when you fanbois keep buying them and saying "It does what I need it to do."
    10-03-10 04:32 PM
    It's their money. They can do what they want with it.
    10-03-10 04:33 PM

Lol, are you serious? They're actually saving money, same production line just change a few parts, bingo, a new blackberry.

10-03-10 04:53 PM
    It's their money. They can do what they want with it.
    Thank you, ditto!!
    10-03-10 04:58 PM
    Starting a discussion with Fanboi not only shows your intelligence (or lack of) but your intent as well.

10-03-10 05:00 PM
    Then why do so many people talk of them going bankrupt and their stock dropping

10-03-10 06:38 PM
    Then why do so many people talk of them going bankrupt and their stock dropping
    Because people are (a) morons and (b) love bad news, no matter how
    ridiculously untrue it may be.
    10-03-10 07:16 PM
    Because people are (a) morons and (b) love bad news, no matter how
    ridiculously untrue it may be.
    Well (a) keeps guys like us in business right Ken? lol
    10-03-10 07:27 PM
    Well (a) keeps guys like us in business right Ken? lol
    Roger that
    10-03-10 07:38 PM
    record profits = doing something very very right

and not to pollute the convo, but nobody cared when iphone 2/3/3gs was made in the same shell, so maybe the outside isnt most important
    10-03-10 07:44 PM
    record profits = doing something very very right

and not to pollute the convo, but nobody cared when iphone 2/3/3gs was made in the same shell, so maybe the outside isnt most important
    It's only an issue when Rim does it, doncha know.
    10-03-10 08:50 PM
    I don't know what else my phone needs to do for me, but RIM better invent it and quickly...
    10-03-10 09:31 PM
    Why fix what isn't broken? If the design works, which it obviously does, the only thing you would be the things that RIM keeps changing, (internal memory, software versions, ect.)

10-03-10 10:47 PM
    How are they wasting money when you fanbois keep buying them and saying "It does what I need it to do."
    Yes..good god I get a phone that does what I need it to do..and not what Steve Jobs wants it to do.
    10-04-10 08:43 AM
    The only issue I see, from a business standpoint, is the production. Outsourcing assembly is a great busniess move when it comes to labor costs. However, quality control needs to be more stringent in some locations. Looking at the history of the threads regarding quality of workmanship, there seems to be deficiencies in assembly. The S1 had screen issues, the S2 had the raised top bezel piece and the Torch has the "clank" and slider problems. Design is great, assembly is an issue. From a cost perspective, this could (and likely has) tapped into the profit margin due to returns and rework. Unless there is a contract that cover the assembly rework for workmanship defects, its costing RIM. I would likely assume that their contracts with the assembly locations covers rework due to defects, in which case, profit margins aren't hurt, only some minor reputation hits.

Man, I need to lay off the coffee!
    10-04-10 09:10 AM
    haha, this is correct, they just announce a new key on the keyboard and everybody will run to the stores looking for their new "need"!!
    10-04-10 09:13 AM
    If only blackberries were android phones I would have a fit if that happened

10-04-10 06:23 PM
    I'm not a fanboi or a blackberry hater but I agree with original post and the lackluster offerings from blackberry.

10-04-10 10:43 PM
    Its not so much about wasting money I think what you should have said is "quit making stupid upgrades, and give us something more substantial" I would agree with that.
    10-04-10 11:25 PM
    Blackberry=lame. Only cool things about a blackberry is crackberry and messenger(except I ran out of friends with blackberry to bbm).

10-05-10 03:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD