Hi, I just got my first ever blackberry, the Bold 9700 and love it!

I just have one thing that is annoying me. I have a lot of voice recordings and random short sound clips that are in the .mp3 file format.

I like to keep my music collection on my phone very organised as I use it as my main mp3 player. I use the "shuffle all" function to play my songs. However, my mp3 voice recording files and sound clips are being automatically detected and put into the music player and get played in the shuffle.

I just wanted to know if there is a way to stop them being automatically being added to the music player?

Like is there a setting that I can set to make the music player ignore a folder?

I know adding mp3 files to the "Ringtones" folder stops them being added, but then that adds loads of mp3's to my ringtones list that I dont want. Also, setting the files to be "hidden" in their file properties stops them being automatically added, but then as soon as you play the file on the blackberry from the File Browser, the file gets added to the library

Thanks for the help!
    11-20-09 01:12 PM
    Under options, there is an option to exclude folders. Setup up a folder and put all of those sound bites in and exclude it.
    11-20-09 01:24 PM
    Under options, there is an option to exclude folders. Setup up a folder and put all of those sound bites in and exclude it.
    Thanks for the reply. I saw setting that before but im pretty certain thats for excluding a folder from your Pictures, and not for the music library. It only lets you select the picture folders.

Unless im totally overlooking something
    11-20-09 01:32 PM
    Are the sound clips in the Ringtones folder or the Music folder?
    11-20-09 06:25 PM
    In the music folder.
    I tried creating a new folder on the memory card outside of the music folder, but the music player still auto-detected the mp3's and added them to the library.

Putting them into the ringtones folder stops the music player app adding them to the library, but then when selecting ringtones they all appear in the list which isnt ideal. But im guessing if there is no other way then its probably the best solution
    11-20-09 06:50 PM
    Yep. That's the solution.
    11-20-09 07:52 PM
    In the music folder.
    I tried creating a new folder on the memory card outside of the music folder, but the music player still auto-detected the mp3's and added them to the library.

Putting them into the ringtones folder stops the music player app adding them to the library, but then when selecting ringtones they all appear in the list which isnt ideal. But im guessing if there is no other way then its probably the best solution
    Create another subfolder under the ringtone folder and see if they stay hidden in that one. They will be harder for you to get to, also, but that might do the trick???
    11-20-09 08:47 PM
    Create another subfolder under the ringtone folder and see if they stay hidden in that one. They will be harder for you to get to, also, but that might do the trick???
    Already tried it and thought it might work, but the files are still detected as ringtones even in subfolders
    11-20-09 08:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD