There isn't much right now standing between me and the HTC Evo besides time.
    My BlackBerry just isn't cutting it anymore, and I'm ready to jump ship. I just thought I'd give the Crackberry community a chance to persuade me from leaving. Give it a shot.

And try and keep flaming and fanboyism aside, I just want good reasons.
    04-19-10 03:50 PM
    No, I won't try to persuade you because I couldn't give a damn what you use.

So I pose this question: If you've already made up your mind why would you want
    to be persuaded?
    04-19-10 03:53 PM
    Please stay with Blackberry.

Pretty please? With sugar on top?
    04-19-10 04:01 PM
    asking for drama i see.. even though you say your not here it goes....
    04-19-10 04:02 PM
    You say you're currently using an 8320 Curve in your profile info.

I'm not going to try to persuade you, but you should definitely test out some of the newer models against the Evo. A lot of people really like the Android OS, I'm just not one of them...yet. I have a Storm 2 and really like it.
    04-19-10 04:02 PM
    My BlackBerry just isn't cutting it anymore, and I'm ready to jump ship. I just thought I'd give the Crackberry community a chance to persuade me from leaving. Give it a shot.

Make your own decision.

I see this was editted,................
    Last edited by MobileMadness002; 04-19-10 at 04:21 PM.
    04-19-10 04:04 PM
    Might help if you define why your BlackBerry "isn't cutting it anymore" and why the
    Evo is in your opinion a better choice.

As to persuading you, I can't. It's your money and not up to me to tell you how you
    should spend it.
    04-19-10 04:04 PM
    Stick to the usual selection rules.
    1. Choose network (coverage/cost then compromise as necessary)
    2. Select phone.
    (a) make feature list (must have, must not have, would be nice, don't care)
    (b) Identify contenders, compare phone specifications and make short list.
    (c) get hands on experience in phone store and see which feels right.

No two users have exactly the same requirements, and even those who select the same phone will do so for different reasons.
    04-19-10 04:07 PM
    YES!!!
    ITS AMAZING!!!

so stoked. stoked beyond belief!

I've had it for a few hours and am already addicted!
    4/23/08, nearly two years now.

So, are you out of collage and working in the real World yet?

If so, is your time valuable, or are you into playing games and amusing yourself with an Internet Browser?

04-19-10 04:10 PM
    YOU need an Android-go for it-good luck.
    04-19-10 04:11 PM
    You're on T-Mobile? Are you sticking with them?

One of my biggest reasons for choosing BlackBerry is the UMA support. I haven't seen or heard of an Android with UMA yet. I don't know if that's important to you or not.

I started off with an 8320 myself. I later "upgraded" to an 8520, but didn't much care for it. Now I've got the 9700 and love it.

There are times when I think it would be cool to have an big, impressive touchscreen phone. But even if I did, I know I'd want to go back to my 9700 for everyday use. Fashion accessories are fun to show off. But to get stuff done, my priorities are UMA and a keyboard on which I can type accurately and quickly (sometimes with just one hand).

Good luck with whatever you choose!
    04-19-10 04:26 PM
    Fact: Men with BlackBerry Smartphones on average make more money and have better looking girlfriends than Android-using equivalents.

The choice is yours....
    04-19-10 04:32 PM
    Fact: Men with BlackBerry Smartphones on average make more money and have better looking girlfriends than Android-using equivalents.

The choice is yours....
    How about me who has all... lmao. I have multiple g/fs, but you're right, the BB g/f is sexier!
    04-19-10 04:40 PM
    Don't give up your Blackberry for the Android. There I stopped you. Use whatever phone suits your daily needs. If you don't need a BB then get a regular smartphone.
    04-19-10 04:49 PM

The choice is yours....
    LMAO! that would be a good line to have as a sig on here!
    04-19-10 04:51 PM
    I'm going back to my BB from a HTC Hero. It all depends on what you use your phone for. Android has much of the same limitations on app size that BB have. The games to me are no better than BB. I use my phone mostly for e-mail, texting and social networks. Can't beat the BB for that. While I like the notification on Android, the BB is better imo. And I could not get the hang of the software keyboard on the Android. The browser is better than what I remember on the Bold. Once the browser gets fixed the BB will be the best. Go away but do yourself a favor and try one of the newer BB.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-19-10 05:38 PM
    Do you really want everything google? People are ok w it but have problems with microsoft having a monopoly. Go figure.
    Style of substance= android
    Form follows function= bb

04-19-10 05:45 PM
    Play with the Storm 2 and the Bold 9700 for an hour each, then try the Evo and see which one you like better. Try typing, surfing the web (PLEASE TRY OPERA MINI ON BB!), and just overall use with the activated in-store models.
    04-20-10 04:53 AM

The choice is yours....
    LOL!!! But the ones with the iPhones are delicious iBoytoys!!!
    04-20-10 05:02 AM
    Get a Bold or a Curve.

Whatever you do, don't get a Storm!!!
    04-20-10 05:04 AM
    I wouldn't dream of convincing anyone what to use. Check out the facts, try out the phones. I can explain my preferences and the reasons why I have those preferences, but that will quickly turn into a rant fest.
    04-20-10 05:06 AM

Why are you making a decision now and imploring others to sway you the other way? The EVO will be available in a couple of months. Wait and see for yourself what is the best phone. The new Tour may be better or some other device. I wouldn't make a decision about a device unless I had it in my hands first and I can get a good feel for it. Devices on paper are sometimes different in the hands; just as a quick run through in the store will be different than everyday use. Wait until it is released, try it out in the store. If it intrigues you still, buy it and you have it for thirty days. If you like it after thirty days, congratulations, you have a new phone!

04-20-10 05:39 AM

Bye!

I'm not a RIM shareholder, I don't care what you do.
    04-20-10 06:48 AM
    I can explain my preferences and the reasons why I have those preferences
    Oh, about phones!

I thought this was a family show!
    04-20-10 06:50 AM

The choice is yours....
    The question is, which came first? The money and better looking girlfriend or the blackberry?

Oh, I just typed this using swype on an android device.

04-20-10 07:05 AM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD