Step 1: make some vague negative statements about how BlackBerry isn't up to par. Try not to back it up with facts. Generalize as much as you can.

Step 2: think of a negative title that's sure to hit the fanboys' nerves.

Step 3: grab some popcorn, sit back and watch them fight amongst themselves.

Step 4: make a new thread and repeat steps 1-3. Change the words up a bit so nobody would catch on.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly, hasn't replied to anything since his original post and knew it would start something. It kills me how some replies suggest that most who claim to have no problems are lying about it just to make BBRY seem better...they really need to get a life and not let their phones out smart them.

Sent from my super secret shoe device using Tapatalk HD
    05-28-13 10:17 PM
    I've always said the "iOS didn't have everything when it started" argument is akin to putting a traffic cone on ones head and prancing around!

The real point is: when iOS came out it was competing with bb THREE POINT SIX!!!! unless bb's next device is a bb10 time machine, they can't go back and compete with the original iPhone... Or
    Back and release the pb in 1994... Or have a dance-off with mc hammer. They have to compete with iOS 1000 and android nut butter... Or what have you! That's the reality, regardless of how one feels it compares - positive or negative.
    This made me laugh. Dance off, Android nut butter. Haha.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-13 11:03 PM
    All in favor?

Motion carriers
    It actually turns off without turning back on? It doesn't reboot? I hope that doesn't happen to mine.. Lol. Rebooting is bad enough. Are you sure? I also haven't heard anything about it turning off and staying off on its own. :S

Posted via CB10
    05-28-13 11:15 PM
    It actually turns off without turning back on? It doesn't reboot? I hope that doesn't happen to mine.. Lol. Rebooting is bad enough. Are you sure? I also haven't heard anything about it turning off and staying off on its own. :S

Posted via CB10
    Probably because it doesn't happen unless you have a dead Battery.

Posted via CB10
    05-29-13 12:36 AM

Posted via CB10
    I've seen a couple of grumbles about auto turn off.
    It may have happened to me once also but then again I can't be sure that I hadn't pushed against the power button by mistake.
    Certainly the scenario is not as wide spread as the reboot

Posted via CB10
    05-29-13 04:02 AM
    Probably because it doesn't happen unless you have a dead Battery.

Posted via CB10
    Sure, my battery died overnight while plugged into the pb charger... i blame Florida power and light
    05-29-13 07:17 AM
    I thought BlackBerry Protect was standard on BB10...I set up my dad's Q10 and it had BB Protect already on the phone...maybe it's just not available on the Z10??

BlackBerry Protect Sign In - Download BlackBerry Protect and Login - Canada

Give me back BlackBerry Protect, BlackBerry bridge, and customizable notifications to the quality of 7.1

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by melh72; 05-29-13 at 10:39 AM. Reason: Added Link
    05-29-13 10:27 AM
    I thought BlackBerry Protect was standard on BB10...I set up my dad's Q10 and it had BB Protect already on the phone...maybe it's just not available on the Z10??

The way he wrote it, it could imply that all of those he mentions he wants to be at the "quality" of 7.1.

Posted via CB10
    melh72 likes this.
    05-29-13 11:05 AM
    Lol...that seems to be exactly what he meant and I would have realized that had I read his message in its entirety!

The way he wrote it, it could imply that all of those he mentions he wants to be at the "quality" of 7.1.

Posted via CB10
    05-29-13 11:17 AM
    Running out of excuses; Who needs to run multiple apps at the same time? You only have one screen.; Why do I care if apps harvest my personal information, I've got nothing to hide. I don't need any online services except those Apple provides. After all, they just work.; Pushing advertisements into the app is OK with me as long as the app is free.

You see every system has limits and annoying "features". It won't be hard to find someone who will make excuses for them.
    05-29-13 12:08 PM

BlackBerry Protect on the old devices would backup and restore your phone without any issues. However BlackBerry 10's version of protect does not have those features.
    It's stripped down like bridge is.

So for example if I had my old Torch2 I could back it up on protect, lose the phone, get a new Torch and restore all my information back just using protect.
    I can't do that on the z10.

Posted via CB10
    melh72 and h20work like this.
    05-29-13 01:38 PM
    BlackBerry Protect on the old devices would backup and restore your phone without any issues. However BlackBerry 10's version of protect does not have those features.
    It's stripped down like bridge is.

So for example if I had my old Torch2 I could back it up on protect, lose the phone, get a new Torch and restore all my information back just using protect.
    I can't do that on the z10.

Posted via CB10
    I had protect setup to do a full backup every day. I never used desktop manger once on my 9850.

My phone was stolen on a trip, wiped it remotely, and seamlessly transferred everything to my new one using only Protect. Contacts, text messages, etc were all there with no issues.

Why should I have to plug in my phone to a pc everyday now? Didn't have to do it before.
    05-29-13 06:44 PM

Posted via CB10
    It shouldn't be the same quality as 7.1, it should be even better.
    05-29-13 06:45 PM
    It shouldn't be the same quality as 7.1, it should be even better.
    Y u telling me lol. :s

But I think they are working on it.. can't do everything at once I guess. It's natural they will improve on certain things now that BlackBerry 10 is out. They just spent so much time developing for bbos that they haven't had the time to port every single thing over. They know BlackBerry Protect is a big hit. The brought it over and it does a good job if your phone is stolen. No it does not to backups but they brought over protect at its core.. sometimes people have to realize that bbos was developed for for a decade. In the past two years, BlackBerry has manages to create a whole new operating system, as well as try their best to match certain experiences on bbos. I don't blame them personally. Only because logic tells me they haven't physically had time to do everything yet. They can't make miracles happen. I think they've done pretty well so far. It will only keep on improving. And I don't find this is unrealistic at all.

Posted via CB10
    05-29-13 07:25 PM
    Reboot and turning off are two different issues, why wouldn't the alarm work if the phone has rebooted and was on? However, if a BB10 turns itself off the alarm will not wake up the phone as with previous Legacy devices, it will stay off and so will your alarm.
    Not sure if it is the same thread. But one thread there was someone using a third party alarms app. If the device restarts and there is no active frame then no alarm in that case.

Posted via BlackBerry 10
    05-29-13 09:28 PM

It is. But it is missing most of the features. Well almost ALL features it had on a traditional BlackBerry. That being cloud back up and cloud restore.

Posted via BlackBerry 10
    05-29-13 09:44 PM
    "WE" on this forum keep on making excuses for blackberry
    Not trying to bash you. But I make NO excuses for anyone including BlackBerry.

But I don't have your problems. I fixed my reboot problem in 5 minutes my darn self before 10.1.

You shouldn't say we ... it's inaccurate. You mean you keep making excuses for your problems.

Posted via CB10
    05-29-13 10:07 PM
    If I had known the features that were removed from the BlackBerry in OS10 (Q10) I would've stayed with my 9900!

Posted via CB10
    06-06-13 08:23 PM
    If I had known the features that were removed from the BlackBerry in OS10 (Q10) I would've stayed with my 9900!

Posted via CB10
    Like what?

Posted via CB10
    06-06-13 08:40 PM
    So what did you do to solve the reboot problem?? And did this also stop the triplicates in contacts???

Posted via CB10 from my Z10 or PlayBook!
    06-07-13 10:48 AM
145 ... 456