Guys common stop freaking out and posting all these threads ..i feel your pain because i am also long the stock.
    So what if they shipped 2.7 instead of 3.5?
    So what if there was a small loss?

This company has lot of value in balance sheet... There are patents, MDM BES10 software, QNX, NOC Operations, Balance feature, customer base of 70m, cash 6$/share, strong market share in Canada.
    Q10 thier star product is just launched.Q5 thier mass market product just launched.

Everything else fail they can wipe out z10's, q10's and load Android on it...or they could just play niche market for only classified industries like defense or Government agencies...

Bottom line there is no reason to panic and spoil your weekend...chill out and have a drink...

Posted via CB10
    ibpluto and Rezia like this.
    06-29-13 10:27 AM
    I would say there is VERY good reason for concern. Look at the big picture. Storm fiasco, Tour quality, Playbook release without key features and broken promises, Z10 and Q10 delays, just to name a few. You don't see reason for concern with Blackberry??
    southlander likes this.
    06-29-13 10:33 AM
    And there are many angry PB owner now turnnig their back to BB! They lost credibility and gained another bad reputation! Let's continue to wait for that bright future until it never comes for BB anymore :-)
    06-29-13 10:36 AM
    I am not saying that...but this is just a start...their main product is not even launched...2.7 M for a new product line full touch competing with S5 and I5 is not that bad...
    Give then some time....this is a expectation failure not a product failure...maybe Th hor should have toned down a bit...but it's just a start...

Posted via CB10
    06-29-13 10:37 AM
    I feel sorry for PB users...but think about it rationally why would BlackBerry not do it when it's in their best interest to keep customers happy and increase BB10 share...they didn't want to spoil the experience and make people feel bad about BB10..

Posted via CB10
    06-29-13 10:40 AM
    And there are many angry PB owner now turnnig their back to BB! They lost credibility and gained another bad reputation! Let's continue to wait for that bright future until it never comes for BB anymore :-)
    The playbook is getting "Old" - and it is still supported by BlackBerry. The only decision made was to not launch BB10 for the device.

I am certain that new devices coming from BB will have BB10 support.

Look at iPad2. iOS is old and not very appealing anymore and users are getting "tired" and want something more. Then iOS 7 was in the brewing promising not only facelift but also new "Modern" features. But the thing is - that "older" devices will not be getting these new features - most are restricted to new models only.

The lifespan of technology devices are not long these days, and 2-3 year old devices should still be supported, but there will always be a time where you have to draw a line and not include all features on all levels.

BB10 is a brand new Platform, only been out officially for 5-6 months now.

When we purchased our Playbooks, there were not even talks about any BB10, but we purchased the devices for what they had and could do, and we are still very happy with them. Nothing has changed.

By the time BB10 might have been ready for your Playbook - it would have been time to upgrade the hardware anyway - so now hopefully you can soon get a new tablet WITH BB10 on it.. just not the Playbook. And it makes much more sense to put all resources into creating the best platform shine- instead of feeding a "old" dying horse.

Cheer up - grab a beer
    06-29-13 01:29 PM
    I am not saying that...but this is just a start...their main product is not even launched...2.7 M for a new product line full touch competing with S5 and I5 is not that bad...
    Give then some time....this is a expectation failure not a product failure...maybe Th hor should have toned down a bit...but it's just a start...

Posted via CB10
    Just curious, what is their main product?
    06-29-13 02:31 PM
    I bought a PlayBook about 2 years ago, having been told it would be upgraded to the new OS, and waiting for Skype to chat with family.
    After all this time I'm now shafted, it was an investment in BlackBerry, repaid poorly.

I have invested in a Z10, and now a Q10, and am/was very optimistic for updates to bring in functionality.

The problem is the lack of credibility and accountability.
    I don't trust anyone involved with running this company as a business, and I think they've made some extraordinarily poor decisions. I don't trust that they will deliver on these new products, I just don't.

That the people on top, making bad decisions, made money off of it all, while I'm spending money on the company, does not help make things better.

I'm sticking with my Q, I've had to move to sideloading apps this weekend because of the extraordinary lack of decent apps and poor dev relations teams meaning lack of decent apps coming through.
    It's not 100%, I can't even get most of my dependable apps from BBOS or Android, like Tunein Pro, but it's better than nothing.

BB7 was, in many many ways, far superior to this OS, from customisations, to app selection, to email, to keyboard and text selection options and shortcuts.

I think a lot of the anger seen is because people are realising that, for all the trust and hope put in TH, AS, BB10 and everyone and everything else over the last few months/years, really, it's just more of the same as when the company started facing problems, the people on top are just completely out of touch, and the people they look to for advice and input are equally completely divorced from their actual target population.
    web99 likes this.
    06-29-13 02:51 PM
    I want to believe in BlackBerry, and I hope that folks see the merits of BB10 and that BlackBerry works out the bugs and brings back many of the features folks liked in BBOS7.

Hope is a method - but it is a poor method for folks actually running an organization.
    06-29-13 03:08 PM