RIM is taking a huge bashing lately especially when it comes to the latest and greatest �other phones� out there. I am fully aware that there are a plethora of Johnny- come- lately devices on the market that are amazing pieces of technology. They each are remarkable in their own rite. Consumers and business people alike will adopt Android, Palm, etc and grow to love them. Each device and OS has great benefits and negatives. It is the nature of the beast. I would like to see RIM update a few things as well. THere is always room for improvement in any technology. But when it comes down to brass tax, BlackBerry is a communicating machine. It is reliable and true, outdated or not. I suppose RIM knows exactly what the �competition� is and what consumers want. They continue to produce quality and effective devices and services all the while keeping with their mission of helping businesses and consumers alike manage their lives. I know I can multitask, by texting, calling, emailing, writing notes, manage my calendar and contacts, and catching up on breaking news, and sports scores and listen to music, all nearly simultaneously. This is done effortlessly and easily. I don�t have to click, swipe, swipe, click, shake, rattle or roll. A few clicks and roll of the ball does it all. And it works. Let�s see news and information about RIM shown in a positive light. We each make choices in what we use as our wireless device. If you want the latest and greatest Android phone, by all means go get it and enjoy it. Then kindly get off this site and a few of the other weblogs out there. Let�s share and enjoy how remarkable our BlackBerry�s are and let the others try out the new technology. Me? I�ll be sitting right here addicted to a tried and true companion that never fails, seldom freezes, and helps me manage my 80 hour work week while staying in touch with family and friends in style. I asked my nine yearold boy how he likes his iPod Touch. He told me it�s a lot of fun for playing games, but �Dad when I grow up can I have a real phone like you and get a BlackBerry?� Swelling with pride, I said �of course son, I will always make sure you have the best�.
    05-19-10 11:14 AM
    Wait for it, wait for it...
    05-19-10 11:18 AM
    Our Founder, Kevin, has asked us all to get along and play nice.

http://crackberry.com/winkevinsbold9700

Contribute something nice and win Kevin's BlackBerry 9700.

helps me manage my 80 hour work week while staying in touch with family and friends in style. ...
    Communications is The Super App.
    05-19-10 11:22 AM
    Might have wanted to post this in the News and Rumours forum instead. Most of the negativity originates there, coming from users bored with their blackberrys and looking for something new.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-19-10 11:22 AM
    Great post.

My only problem with RIM is the servers. When I first started using Blackberry about 5 years ago, I NEVER had any data issues or any BBM issues. Then over the past few years, as Blackberry has become a more popular and more mainstream device, the level of service has gone down. I have much more data issues including BBM issues almost weekly.

RIM needs to upgrade their servers. Other than that, I have not a single complaint with RIM.
    05-19-10 11:23 AM
    Not trying to start a war at all. I'm well aware that plenty of people hate BB and found new love with other devices. That's great! Good for them. I just get tired of hearing all the negativity about RIM. Especially on BB sites and blogs.
    BB does what BB does and does that well.
    05-19-10 11:25 AM
    Every other day there seems to be an over the top "hater" or "fanboy" thread.
    Quite frankly neither will accomplish anything. People will use and discuss what
    they like and don't like. We welcome them all.
    05-19-10 11:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD