Guys & Gals,

When I upgraded to my Passport awhile back I did the right thing and upgraded my daughter to my previous white Q10.

Today during Rugby practice someone entered the locker room and stole the mighty Q she's fallen in love with!!

Does anyone know of any other way to track it down other than Blackberry Protect which I'm hitting hard!

Any advice is much appreciated.

Clicked & Flicked from my beastly white BlackBerry Passport OS 10.3.1.2708
    03-30-15 07:38 PM
    BlackBerry Protect is likely going to be your best bet in this case. If it isn't found ASAP I would recommend contacting your carrier to have the SIM card blocked and the IMEI blacklisted. This will prevent whoever stole it from being able to rack up charges on your account, and will also make it impossible for anyone to use the phone regardless of what SIM is inserted.
    03-30-15 07:45 PM
    a darn shame good thing is they can be had cheap if you buy used if you cant locate it get that imei blocked
    03-30-15 07:48 PM
    If the GPS is off, BlackBerry Protect won't be able to locate it. You could make it make loud noises, but that might only get the thieves to turn it off or ditch it. Finally, you could remote wipe it so that the personal info is removed.
    03-30-15 07:54 PM
    I'm on my hold for Rogers now to have it blocked.

First time having to go through this, hope to never have to again.

Thanks for your help guys.

03-30-15 07:55 PM
    Ok update; so Rogers has the phone blocked now.

I decided to send a BBM to the Q because it works over wifi and depending upon my daughter's lock screen settings the message may show.

However, it reported she no longer has me as a contact.

Any idea if this is due to the carrier block or due to the culprit messing with the phone?

03-30-15 08:44 PM
    I would have requested to have it PIN blocked too so WiFi does not even work. Phone becomes useless to anyone at that point.
    03-30-15 08:58 PM
    If you feel all hope has been lost, definitely PIN lock it so that no unsuspecting buyer will purchase it working and then find it PIN locked later, when you do PIN lock it.

There are some kiosks in malls that accept devices for instant cash. It's been a motivator for stealing phones since it just requires possession of the device and not proof of ownership.
    03-30-15 09:13 PM