My friend recently had his blackberry stolen. I only just realized it when I sent him a BBM and I got a return message saying that I wasn't on his contact list. I was also prompted to send another request to become BBM friends. When I re-added him, I was accepted by someone else. I have the pin and the name of the person that has the phone now. Is there a way this phone can be tracked?
    12-22-10 04:35 PM
    Without some 3rd party app such as SmartGuard probably not.
    12-22-10 04:54 PM
    T-Mobile can definitely track the phone. Report the PIN stolen and they will find it. They can track the SIM via GPS and the PIN....If not, at least render the device useless if the sucker wont give it back to your friend.
    12-22-10 05:38 PM
    Oh, in for this fudger getting caught! I loathe thieves!

Good luck!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-22-10 05:51 PM
    Keep in mind the current user may not be the thief. Either way you want to get it back but just make sure you keep "innocent until proven guilty" in mind.

12-22-10 06:35 PM
    Dang, that sucks...good luck
    12-23-10 12:21 AM
    Keep in mind the current user may not be the thief. Either way you want to get it back but just make sure you keep "innocent until proven guilty" in mind.

good point someone could've stolen it and sold it fast for a quick buck! Either way, this still really sucks for the OP's friend! I'd be out for blood-lol.
    I really hope you guys get it back. Good luck

12-23-10 09:39 AM
    I know what you mean! if they don't even know if it is stolen and they buy it, you don't want them to be stuck but hopefully they can trace the phone back to the seller if it is not the person who has the phone now. Good luck, it is the worst feeling losing/getting stolen phones.
    12-23-10 09:48 AM
    Do some searching on google for the persons name and see if you can dig up a little research. Also you can try searching for the PIN number as well to see if it was posted up for sale on any websites. Just a few thoughts.
    12-23-10 10:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD