Have had a Pearl since it was released. I have just kept buying another one off EBAY when it dies. I have the base charger and the leather holster. Is anyone else using this? I guess I am going to Samsung Galaxy tomorrow. Currenty using TMobile and the Pearl works fine today but I have to reboot it every morning or it want save text messages.
    i_plod_an_dr_void likes this.
    01-03-22 09:59 PM
    I have a 8110. Unfortunately, it's the European version with a standard T9 keypad. (Edit: Um, no. That was the 9100/9105. European 81x0 has a SureType keypad. Apologies.) You could say I've had it "from new". Actually, I bought it about 2y ago when it was still unused in its original box. I even got it for free, but that was for a reason: I wanted to try it, and so the seller had to charge the battery for the first time. But the phone wouldn't work, and we discovered that the battery was bulged and dead.

So I had to buy a new battery for the free phone. BB batteries seem to be especially hard to find (maybe some crypto-dongle?). I got one from Italy (I'm in Germany). Finally, I used the phone only a few times, more as a novelty.

With doomsday coming up, I dug the phone out a few days ago to do some maintenance if required. It wouldn't turn on. Lo and behold, the battery was bulged.

Not much luck with that phone. I never encountered similar problems with other models, even if they'd been in storage for quite a while. But OTOH all the other BB phones in my collection are slightly more modern models.
    Last edited by alxwz; 01-06-22 at 04:33 PM.
    01-04-22 01:59 PM