I posted this here becasue I felt like it would get more attention then putting it in my device forum.

I was having memory leaks on 9330 (.600) so I went ahead and wiped it and re-installed the os. Well after getting it setup with just a few programs and such, looking at Quickpull, I have a memory loss of like 10 mb. Before I wiped it and it started having memory leaks, I could leave 3-4 application opens and the memory was still not that high. What do you guys recommend I do?
    09-23-11 05:04 AM
    Why would a 10mb memory leak bother you? The newer BBs should have plenty of memory to boot with. My advice: Just live with it. My 9780 leaks now and then too, about 5mb at most but I can't be bothered to micro manage it since my phone will run fine.
    Last edited by Derwent Graphite; 09-23-11 at 10:05 AM. Reason: Blind as a bat :3
    09-23-11 05:46 AM
    Probably because the leak is much bigger when you use more Apps and leave the phone running for extended periods of time. Some people have really bad leaks, they have to reboot or battery pull once a day or so.
    09-23-11 06:44 AM
    Well it isn't the amount of memory I'm loosing per say its that I'm loosing more then what I used to and I'm wondering could be an issue that I need to see about or is it fine since I run quick pull every night.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-23-11 02:51 PM
    10 mb is not a memory leak, it's memory usage. You are fine.
    09-23-11 03:09 PM
    Lol ok thank you!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-23-11 03:11 PM
    I posted this here becasue I felt like it would get more attention then putting it in my device forum.

I was having memory leaks on 9330 (.600) so I went ahead and wiped it and re-installed the os. Well after getting it setup with just a few programs and such, looking at Quickpull, I have a memory loss of like 10 mb. Before I wiped it and it started having memory leaks, I could leave 3-4 application opens and the memory was still not that high. What do you guys recommend I do?
    There is never going to be such a thing as NO MEMORY LEAKS as long as you own any BlackBerry so as much as I hate to say it, Get use to it because if it has the name BlackBerry on it, You will get these leaks. Some have more than others but have them. Use Quickpull, Do a physical bettery pull to retrive the loss every few weeks but don't worry about it and get use to it.
    09-25-11 03:27 PM
    10 mb is not a memory leak, it's memory usage. You are fine.

Agreed.

10 mb is nothing..... Opening and closing apps, etc.

My device has been up for 2 days and I have lost .7 mb which is nothing.

Sounds like you got a bad app. Drop quick pull and see if that helps.
    09-25-11 03:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD