I still not clear about this issue, if I want to bring my BB ( BB 8900 Rogers) oversea ( asia) and sign contract with local provider ( for voice and data plan) besides unlocking the BB ( for sim) and asking Rogers to release the PIN anything else to do??? so I can register the BB with other provider for BB service?? TIA
    11-24-09 10:19 AM
    u need to unlock it first.. only then can you use it with your asian carrier
    11-24-09 11:31 AM
    Yeah just make sure they support blackberrys
    11-24-09 11:44 AM
    Most carriers overseas will support a BB, just unlock it and your set to go. When you need to unlock it, less us know.
    11-24-09 07:03 PM
    I still not clear about this issue, if I want to bring my BB ( BB 8900 Rogers) oversea ( asia) and sign contract with local provider ( for voice and data plan) besides unlocking the BB ( for sim) and asking Rogers to release the PIN anything else to do??? so I can register the BB with other provider for BB service?? TIA
    What do you mean asking rogers to release the pin? :/ I'm confused..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-24-09 11:35 PM
    What do you mean asking rogers to release the pin? :/ I'm confused..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    im pretty sure its only for CDMA providers. sometimes, if you need to remove a BB (MEID and PIN) from one account to another, as in a sale of a device, you need to check with the provider to make sure the PIN has been released off of the account. if not, the new owner will get an error stating that PIN is active on another account. as for GSM providers, i think just removing your SIM card from one BB and into another, removes the PIN association from the account. i recently went back and forth from my AT&T SIM to my t-mobile SIM and had my 8900 instantly activated on the BB network without reassigning the PIN through the BIS website. it automatically picked up the change back and forth (swapped cards like 5 times in 2 hrs and had working BB data everytime).

as stated, i think its for CDMA networks, since they cant change phones without contacting the carrier to change the MEID and PIN associated with the account. but its always good to call the carrier to verify the PIN is no longer locked into that account when selling or moving one device off an account and to another.
    Last edited by dictoresno; 11-24-09 at 11:48 PM.
    11-24-09 11:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD