10-23-08 07:27 AM
28 12
tools
    I have never help an iPhone in my hand and can't speak to the reliability / practicality, etc...

My opinion though.... compare how many albums Brittney Spears has sold vs (fill in the blank with your favorite band's name) -- point is: just 'cause you move a ga-jillion units doesn't mean that they are any good or serve everyone's purpose.

There's NO doubt that Brittney sells more records than artists that focus on song structure, composition, expressive lyrics, emotional performances, etc. Brittney focuses on hooks, jingles, fashion, glitzy shows, outrageous lifestyles, etc.

This doesn't make her "good" or "bad" - it just bolsters the argument that she's a celebrity and not an atrist. Point is: iPhone is a well-marketed toy that will probably outsell Blackberry now and in the future but is not in the same category with a business tool such as a Blackberry smartphone - regardless of model.

Comparing iPhone sales to Blackberry is comparing apples to oranges. What model car do you think sold more last month? The Honda Civic or a Ferrari? However, if you want a sports car - would your desire for a Ferrari be lessened by the FACT that Honda outsold Ferrari (probably 10,000 to 1)? Of course not! So, the FACT (debateable though it is) that iPhone outsold Blackberry does not diminish from the features and benefits of a Berry.
    10-22-08 06:21 PM
    The agreement with AT&T will expire in 2010. Imagine all 4 major carriers have the iphone....
    they have to make a CDMA iPhone first...
    10-22-08 06:28 PM
    All I know is, that three of my friends and myself had iPhones. when mine fell in the pool, I switched to the Curve, and two of my friends followed. the iPhone is awesome, until the awesome affect wears off and you realize how much the phone can't do.
    10-23-08 07:27 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD