On Apple�s Q4 2008 earnings call today - Steve Jobs said �We sold more phones than RIM�. BB fans, what's your take on this?
    10-21-08 04:21 PM
    They probably had more returned too.
    10-21-08 04:22 PM
    oh well
    I will stick with my bb it doesnt change how much better blackberry is
    10-21-08 04:23 PM
    oh and that too
    10-21-08 04:23 PM
    My understanding is that RIM have sold over 19 Million Blackberry phones worldwide.

There is no way that Apple have sold that many iToyz.

What they may have done is to have sold more iToyz in the first quarter after their initial release than RIM. It would have been a major failure if they had not done so given the interest created by all the money that Apple threw in to launching their little feature fone.
    10-21-08 04:29 PM
    Since Apple only sells one phone on one carrier, that train will have to slow down. At some point, those that bought it as the "I have to have the latest fad" will get tired of the single offering and move on to something else. A lot of people change phones on a two years or less cycle simply because they want something different.
    10-21-08 04:29 PM
    Since Apple only sells one phone on one carrier, that train will have to slow down. At some point, those that bought it as the "I have to have the latest fad" will get tired of the single offering and move on to something else. A lot of people change phones on a two years or less cycle simply because they want something different.
    They also launched the thing in a number of other countries and this will have at least quadrupled the market size.
    10-21-08 04:34 PM
    They also launched the thing in a number of other countries and this will have at least quadrupled the market size.

Don't be surprised if it shows up on another US carrier in the next 18 months or so..
    10-21-08 04:36 PM
    The agreement with AT&T will expire in 2010. Imagine all 4 major carriers have the iphone....
    10-21-08 04:40 PM
    On Apple�s Q4 2008 earnings call today - Steve Jobs said �We sold more phones than RIM�. BB fans, what's your take on this?
    So what? iPhone is not a competitor to BlackBerry for functionality or primary target market. The business community will stay with RIM because it does what is required better than anything else. The multimedia-entertainment-latest_toy-end_user community will go with whatever has the hype of the week, which at this moment is iPhone.
    10-21-08 04:57 PM
    Yep, the iPhone is just a toy. Give me a ****ing break.
    10-21-08 05:23 PM
    Apple sold more PHONES than RIM because RIM doesn't sell phones, they sell PDA'S !!!

10-21-08 06:46 PM
    Let's look at it another way: There has to be some concern over at Apple to make this claim that they have sold more stuff than RIM. The only reason I can see for making such a claim is that they know that RIM can offer be an equal or superior product, and they just want people to focus on the sheer volume sold versus the device's actual capabilities.
    10-21-08 06:57 PM
    Very well said...
    10-21-08 07:43 PM
    Haha is it me or does steve jobs get alittle annoying comparing himself in commercials and now that? A phone "that great" should speak for itself. I was over apple after my first generation ipod.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-21-08 07:52 PM
    What's an ipod? I use my crackberry for mp3s!
    10-21-08 07:57 PM
    What's an ipod? I use my crackberry for mp3s!
    Seriously! Mine (ipod that is) is under my bed someplace useless now that I have my berry

10-21-08 07:59 PM
    Seriously! Mine (ipod that is) is under my bed someplace useless now that I have my berry

I think mine is in the glove box of my car.
    10-21-08 10:06 PM
    I think mine is in the glove box of my car.
    same here. i haven't touched it since i got my curve.
    10-21-08 10:14 PM
    The iphone are BB are competing for the same market, otherwise Steve Jobs wouldn't mention it. Well, just wait until the Storm come out and see that Jobs has to say.
    10-22-08 04:26 PM
    I actually see the Storm as RIMs way of holding the iPhone in check while it goes about its normal business of selling BlackBerry smartphones.

It gies like this:
    Corp buyer: I like BlackBerrys
    RIM: Good. Here's several models
    Corp buyer: Some users like the iPhone touch screen
    RIM: Here's the Storm works just like the rest of our line, just as secure and it has a touch screen.
    Corp buyer: That settled it, gimme a truck load.
    10-22-08 04:40 PM
    Who cares how many phones he sold?? They suck and BB will takeover in the long run.
    10-22-08 04:57 PM
    The iphone are BB are competing for the same market, otherwise Steve Jobs wouldn't mention it. Well, just wait until the Storm come out and see that Jobs has to say.
    You mean Apple is out there trying to get big time corporate clients to buy their phones? I think not. Anyone who actually needs a phone like that doesn't want to play around with a touch screen, especially if it stops working properly.

Not to mention Apple only has one carrier to get discounts with and the other carriers have to use way overpriced unlocked phones.
    10-22-08 05:45 PM
    Let's not kid ourselves...the iPhone is a nice device. But since we are used to Blackberries, we KNOW that a Curve, for example, is more useful than an iPhone. Most people, though, have never used a Blackberry. They look at the interface and get confused haha. They see the iPhone one and it looks like little pieces of candy!

I think with the introduction of the Storm in 3 weeks, Apple is going to start getting even MORE vocal about their iPhone successes, no matter how big or small they may be.
    10-22-08 05:56 PM
    Well they sold 10 miillion so far and 7 million in the last 3 months. There are tons of new things coming out for the iphone even documents to go which allows you to read and edit all microsoft office applications. More and more corporations are looking to switch. Even congress is thinking about it. I am no apple fanboy I am just saying what I know. Here is a little something for reading.

US tax dollars at work dept.: TUAW is reporting (via TheHill.com) that the Chief Administrative Office of the U.S Congress is testing iPhones due to �people requesting them as an option�:

Adoption of the iPhone by the U.S. Congress could be another blow to RIM, which is now behind Apple in terms of sales and revenues. Apple CEO Steve Jobs gleefully reported that �Apple beat RIM� during yesterday�s Q4 Earnings Call.

7 Million iPhone sold last quarter alone, and we�ve already heard rumors of HSBC ditching the Blackberry for the iPhone. Is this the beginning of Something Big, or just a simple case of new technology getting the tires kicked?
    10-22-08 06:06 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD