Just purchased a stereo bluetooth headset for music and movies. Using it to listen to music works perfect but when I watch movies the audio is not sent to the headset. Are there any settings that I need to change or another media player that I need to use?
    12-30-07 01:13 PM
    Good question. I noticed this one too...
    12-30-07 11:56 PM
    I am using the MOTOROKR S9 headset with Blackberry 8320 and experiencing the same issue. After a discussion with RIM I was told no comprehensive testing has been done so they cannot recommend a Bluetooth headset that will stream the audio from a video clip. Guess I am stuck with wires for now.
    01-08-08 12:05 PM
    Maybe the new 0S update may help with that,there will be improvements with the media player,maybe that will be one of them

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-08-08 12:18 PM
    The problem is that bluetooth audio is slightly delayed due to the nature of how it's handled (wireless packet data, etc.) and is delayed. So, if you were using a BT headset the audio would be behind the video.
    01-08-08 12:18 PM
    I hope you are right Castle because I have enough ways to listen to music and really bought the S9 to watch movies with.

John, any audio would be an improvement over what I am experiencing.
    01-10-08 08:50 AM
    castle, I am running OS v4.2.2.180 and thought it was the current version.
    01-10-08 09:21 AM
    When I went into verizon they had to call RIM about this problem. RIM said there is no fix avalible but they are aware of the problem and working on it. Who knows when they will come out with a fix..

01-10-08 07:35 PM
    I can't believe this isn't a bigger issue. When I tell people about this, they are stunned that a BB won't play audio from movies via stereo BT

01-17-08 06:48 PM
    You have got to be kidding me....

Thats one of the main reasons i am getting my stereo bluetooth headset is for movies....
    01-18-08 09:35 PM
    Hey John!!
    If anyone would know this, you would. Is the Pearl 8100 compatible with stereo BT for mp3 player? Thanks again for your assistance. Cherry
    01-19-08 02:24 PM
    No, the 8100 doesn't currently support Stereo BT. It will when OS 4.3.1 comes out for it, though.
    01-19-08 02:27 PM
    the only berry that does support a2dp is the almighty curve
    01-23-08 01:39 PM
    Roger. BlackBerry Curve does not play audio from movies over Stereo Bluetooth. Gonna need to hook a cord to the 3.5mm jack for those.

It's theoretically possible to add some control to the video player to adjust for the lag, but it would end up being too complicated for the average joe to work with due to each headset being slightly different in how it buffers the audio.

Let's hope they have a magical fix and the new 4.3 OS opens it up for us.

--Kidd
    01-23-08 02:47 PM
    I know that it can be done, it works on other devices... I have to believe that they techs at RIM will come up with a fix....Patience may be in order on this one..... Seems to me I read in another thread that this did work on previous generation Curve O/S's but can't confirm.
    12-30-08 07:56 PM
    It's a feature RIM added to OS 4.6 and from what I've read, does work for movies on the Storm (the only device running 4.6.* right now) - at least for some beta versions of the 4.6 OS.

Unfortunately, I have no idea when or if OS 4.6 will come out for us Curve, Pearl, or 88xx users. I haven't seen anything but very vague rumors - not enough for hope.
    12-30-08 09:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD