Fine. We get it. You prefer Android over BlackBerry.
    That is not what my point was and has nothing to do with what I was arguing.

And I already mentioned to check out the BB and see if it would fit him/her.
    02-28-11 07:36 PM
    Look- Blackberries do everything android phones do. You don't really need all of the awesome specs. They are more reliable and more secure. The battery life is better.
    Show me a Blackberry that can record in HD quality.

Show me a Blackberry with ActiveSync Support Built-In (and Support for Multiple ActiveSync Accounts).

Blackberries don't have Adobe Flash, and those new Blackberries coming out won't, either (you will wait for QNX for flash, mark my words).

I can go on and on.

You really are exaggerating there, buddy.

Android Battery Life is more than enough to get you through a day. Bad apps are bad. Battery issues are usually a rogue app issue unless you have a super phone with a feature-phone level battery in it (those don't exist, and even my HD7 with a 1230mAh battery gets over 20 hours, and I'm a ridiculously high user. My Vibrant gets a bit more...).

Blackberry battery life is great, but nothing in a Blackberry really needs that much power to run for extended periods of time, either...

Trading capabilities for battery life is, IMO, not that great of a decision if the phone can get you through ~16-20 hours before it needs a charger, which any semi-intelligent user can do on any high end Android phone these days with little to no effort.

That being said, you'll probably use the Android phone for more stuff outside of texting and short email blips than you would a Blackberry simply due to the differences in the devices and the OS.

P.S. I see you backtracked. You went form saying Blackberries do everything Android phones can, to limiting it to features that are present in pretty much any modern feature phone... Why not just save money and get a cheap E71[x], then? They're all the same, and you won't have to worry about outtages and things of that nature... You'll get Ovi Maps/Mail and stuff, too!
    Last edited by N8ter; 03-01-11 at 02:18 AM.
    03-01-11 02:10 AM
    Why not just save money and get a cheap E71[x], then? They're all the same, and you won't have to worry about outtages and things of that nature... You'll get Ovi Maps/Mail and stuff, too!
    I can attest to the E71x, unless that was sarcasm of course :-p

Like every Nokia I've owned, it was one of the most reliable, tough, and easy-to-use phones I've had in a while. Not to mention the battery life in it was the longest I've ever experienced (using Social Networking apps/web browsing/heavy texting, the battery lasted me OVER 3 days every single charge). Old smartphone I know, but I don't regret anything about that phone!
    03-01-11 07:53 PM
    I am finding more & more that all apps suck!! if they even function as advertised when you buy it, just wait, it wont work as advertised forever & if it does you'll pay a extra freakin fee, I get so darn frustrated with some apps, I dont think I would want 100,000 more to curse at
    03-01-11 08:34 PM
    I can attest to the E71x, unless that was sarcasm of course :-p

Like every Nokia I've owned, it was one of the most reliable, tough, and easy-to-use phones I've had in a while. Not to mention the battery life in it was the longest I've ever experienced (using Social Networking apps/web browsing/heavy texting, the battery lasted me OVER 3 days every single charge). Old smartphone I know, but I don't regret anything about that phone!
    It was part sarcasm, but mostly serious... My point was...:

It's a decent phone and since the form factor is radically different than the super phones we're so often speaking of I tend to lump it in with QWERTY WM6.5 Devices (like the Samsung Jack) and Blackberries (Curves and Bolds).

It's cheaper than a curve, but more functionality than a curve (or rather, Symbian has more functionality than BBOS). Better Camera, Slightly worse keyboard with a Trackpad, but Symbian is fine on (and was designed for) QWERTY devices and the battery life/stability is incredible. It also has Ovi Maps and things like that, and support for huge SD Cards (up to 32GB, IIRC?). ActiveSync support (Mail for Exchange)... The Works...

My point being: If all the phone are the same, why shell out big bucks for a Bold 9650 or 9780, iPhone, HD7, Evo, Vibrant, Epic, whatever... when you can get an E71x or even a Feature Phone and get by just fine?

Why don't all these smartphone manufacturers just go bankrupt. We don't need them, right?
    03-02-11 12:05 AM
    Show me a Blackberry that can record in HD quality.

Show me a Blackberry with ActiveSync Support Built-In (and Support for Multiple ActiveSync Accounts).

Blackberries don't have Adobe Flash, and those new Blackberries coming out won't, either (you will wait for QNX for flash, mark my words).
    I understand that this was in response to someone's claim that BB's can do anything that any other phone can do. But the real fact of the matter is, many users don't need or want the above or any of the on-and-on you could go on and on about in a phone. If I did, I surely would not be using a BB, nor would I be b!tching to anybody who would listen about how one phone or the other doesn't do what I need it to do. I think I can speak for most people when I say that if I want or need certain features or functionality from a phone, I'd be damn sure to get a phone that has those features and functionality.

For instance: my last two phones (maybe three, I don't even know) have had video recording capability. I've yet to record a single video, even just to see how it works, because I could give two craps about recording video with my phone, whether it's hi-def, standard-def, or whatever. He**, I don't even own a video camera -- that's how unimportant video recording is to me. So why on God's green earth would I care if my phone has hi-def recording capability? Same goes for the other capabilities you previously mentioned; I don't need them, and if I did, I'd get a phone that has them. Period.

Those of us who think our BB's are all that think so because they are all that for what we do with them, not for what you or anybody else say a smart phone has to do to be competitive. If more people could get this simple concept through their thick skulls, we'd all get along a lot better.
    03-02-11 07:09 AM
    I always find it interesting why so many people get their panties in a bunch when it comes down to what device is better and has more features.

Folks, it's all about what you need, not who has the best processor, or who can shoot HD video, etc. If you shoot a bunch of video, and require a HD picture, there is a device for you. If you primarily do messaging, there's a device for you.

I like my BB because it does everything that I requre it to do better than another platform. I like how it works, it does what I want, and that's really all that matters. I assume that every other device owner out there who is happy with their phone would say something similar.

Android is nice, but I don't want it. I know, ShOcKiNg ain't it?

Those of us who think our BB's are all that think so because they are all that for what we do with them, not for what you or anybody else say a smart phone has to do to be competitive. If more people could get this simple concept through their thick skulls, we'd all get along a lot better.
    Couldn't have said it better myself.
    03-02-11 09:08 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD